Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Very Happy Birthday :)

Today was a wonderful day. :) I had so much fun and the spoiling continued. This morning Steve and I woke up and went out to breakfast at a cute little place called Carolina Cafe. They have these yummy blueberry crunch bagels that are kind of like a blueberry muffin and a bagel put together. That's what I got. Mmmm!



Then we headed to the new Ikea store which is HUGE. We were looking for some new furniture for Ashley's room and we spent a long time browsing through the store. It is so big that it takes a long time. It even has child care and a restaurant inside just so people can "make a day" of it. We decided on this bed and I think I am going to paint her walls a "sage-y" green.


I will show it all to you when we get it done.

After that, we met Laura and Lindy for lunch at Q-doba before their softball game. It was about 90 degrees again today, and they had two softball games back-to-back, so they were really hot. But they won both of their games!


After we ate, we ran by a shoe store nearby and I got these gold sandals.


I have been needing some new summer sandals and I thought these were cute.

When I got home, I found this on my front porch...


My mom and dad had come by and dropped off these beautiful flowers. I especially love the white hydrangeas!


They also got me the book I was just mentioning on my blog Eat This, Not That. You should get this book and keep it in your car to refer to when you are on your way through a drive through or headed to a restaurant like PF Changs or Macaroni Grill! It is really informative!

In addition to the book, they gave me a couple of CD's and some fun money! I think some shopping is in my future!

Then it was off to get my nails done and come home to get dressed for dinner. Steve's mom and dad dropped by before we left to bring me some pretty flowers! My porch is getting better by the minute with all these gorgeous plants!

We decided to go downtown tonight for dinner at a seafood restaurant called La Vecchia's. We got crab cakes for an appetizer, then I got shrimp and grits for dinner. It was so good!




When we got home I opened my gifts from Steve and my sweet kids. They know what I like! Clothes and jewelry! Very sweet.


Wow...I am just about worn out from all the fun today. It has been a really nice birthday. And thank you so much for your sweet birthday wishes yesterday. I love my blogging friends!

15 comments:

Becky said...

What a fun filled day! LUV the WHITE hydrangeas....I've never seen white ones.

Happy Birthday!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Happy Birthday, Betsy!!!

Sounds like a day filled with lots of things you love...which in my book is the best kind of birthday EVER!

Christal said...

Happy Birthday looks like it was a perfect day for a perfect lady! You are aweosme! Love the flowers so pretty! Lots of fun. So hot there its like major snowstorms forcasting for the next five days here seriously enough winter! Maybe i'll just come visit you!!!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Happy Birthday to youuuuu!!!

I have heard the new Ikea store is pretty awesome..got to go and check it out!

~Beth

Love Being a Nonny said...

Happy birthday! We drove down to that IKEA a couple of weeks ago....amazing!!!

Loved all the pictures!! I know you had a wonderful day!!!

Ashley said...

Your new shirt looks really cute! : ) Glad you liked your gift! Love you!

jlc said...

Awww sweet flowers! And a Happy Belated!!

Faith said...

Wow girl, you did it up right! So glad you had a great day celebrating!!

Meagan said...

Now, THAT'S a birthday! :-) I love that you enjoyed your day so much! :-)

Jacquie said...

What a fun birthday!!! And I LOVE the new bed for Ashley's room. Can't wait to see the makeover.

Leigh Ann said...

Happy Birthday Betsy!!! Sounds like your day was the best!!! Hope we can get together soon!

Love,
Leigh Ann

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Betsy!

Sounds like you had a great birthday!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I knew there was a reason I love you so much...we are both April babies :)!!!

Happy Belated Birthday!

It looks like your bday weekend was full of great gifts, food, and fun. Just what you deserve!

Alise Nettles said...

Happy Birthday Betsy! So glad you got spoiled! You deserve it and more! Miss you!

Rathi said...

Happy Birthday!!