Thursday, April 9, 2009

NYC-Day 3

This morning the sun was shining and it was so nice and warm!! What a difference from yesterday! Yay!! We were so excited and since it was so pretty we wanted to spend as much of the day outside as we could. Our goal today was to do some things we have never done in New York before.

After breakfast, we decided to take the subway to Macy's because they are having their amazing flower show right now. We have done this before, but we knew it was something we didn't want to miss. (Lindy has carried the video camera around everywhere with her and has gotten our whole trip on tape. We saw a guy playing music in the subway and that is what she is taping here.)






You can't EVEN believe how many flowers they have in Macy's right now. Un...be...lievable!! I think there must be a million flowers in there. It was so gorgeous and it smelled so good!! :) These pictures don't really do it justice. When you walk into the store the flowers are everywhere!






Next we went on to Greenwich Village just to browse the shops. It was so much fun. We took a slow walk down Bleecker Street and I would like to personally recommend a few shops that we went into today and LOVED (in case you ever come to NYC)!!

First of all we went to Rocco's Bakery. It was way better than Magnolia Bakery I thought. It had the most delicious looking pastries ever. And it was all decked out for Easter and was super cute inside.









Then a little further down the street was Murray's Cheese That store smelled sooo good!! It had the freshest looking meats, cheeses, breads, and dried beans and fruits. I had the best time browsing in there. It all looked delicious.


After that we went into a store where they ground and mixed their own homemade spices. It was called Aphrodisia and if I lived here, I would so go there to get my spices to put in everything I made. We loved that store.


While we were in the Village, we walked down several side streets where people lived. The neighborhoods were so quaint and quiet!! I love the brownstone buildings and pretty flowers along the way. One of the streets we really loved was called Grove Street. Here are a few pictures from our walk.






For lunch we decided to get Mexican at a little restaurant called Caliente Cab. We got enchiladas and their homemade guacamole. It was a Zagat ranked restaurant and we loved it!




Of course, after lunch we had to get some gelato!! We tried the chocolate mint and the chocolate hazelnut...


From there we headed to the Meat Packing District just to browse the high end stores. We didn't stay very long, though. It was so pretty today that we wanted to go to Central Park and walk around there.

Central Park was the place to be today. I think everyone in the city came out to enjoy the beautiful weather while they could! Here are a few pictures...









Poor Laura has had the worst cold since yesterday. She had a really rough night last night and we have been pumping her full of Dayquill all day and we bought her tons of tissues to keep in her purse. But she really needed to rest this afternoon, so we came back to the hotel around 4:00 and took naps.

Tonight we tried an awesome Thai restaurant called Pongsri.




It had great ratings from lots of people and they were right. We all loved it!




Keep it in mind if you are ever in NYC and like Thai!

Now we are back at the hotel watching The Office and Parks and Recreation. We have had such a great time here. I can't believe tomorrow we are leaving!!! I hope our trip back is better than the one here!!

10 comments:

  1. BETSY,LOVE THE PICS! I AM SO GLAD YOU ALL ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME.HAVE A VERY BLESSED EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to NYC & seeing your trip - its making me even more nuts to wanna go!!

    I would have LOVED to seen Macy's - how cool is that!! Is that something that is annual?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful at Macy's. What a girls trip to NYC! I love seeing all the photos and following you girls on your trip. It makes a rainy week in Arkansas~a little more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much to do there!! I bet your feet were killing you by the end of the day. Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you girls have had a blast! My mom and I have only went around Christmas time, but we definitely need to hit up the city during spring thanks to your pictures! :) Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine NYC to be like a big Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day!!! I can't wait to go to NYC again someday and when I do I am calling you for the scoop on where to go and what to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty love the tour I so want to GO!! The flowers look amazing!!! What an awesome girls trip.{and for the cold try advil cold and sinus works AMAZING she will be able to function and feel good again!! } keep having fun can't wait for tomorrows review!! How fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! Yall packed a lot into one day!!!!!! I have been to Macy's twice during the flower show! It is an amazing site to see. Thank you for the tour of NYC. I will write these down for future visits! Praying for a safe trip back to NC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)