Tuesday, April 7, 2009

NYC-Day 1

Today was a much better day than yesterday! We got up early this morning and, of course, our first stop had to be Starbucks. There was one right in our hotel so that was easy!




Then we took the subway to Lower Manhattan.


We wanted to see what was going on at Ground Zero, but there was so much fencing around it that it was too hard to see anything. So we found a little place to eat breakfast called Cafe Toda. It was soooo good!! We just got bagels, but everything they had there looked amazing.




From Ground Zero, we went back up to Canal Street to look for purses.


I think I told you about our crazy experience here last time we were buying purses and had to go "underground" to get them!! Well, today was just the same. Ashley was looking for a Coach purse and this Asian woman overheard us talking and said, "You're looking for Coach?? Follow me, follow me!" So we followed her and she took us to a big white van with no windows. She opened the door and I REALLY hesitated to get in there, but we did, and inside was purse heaven. All my girls got purses and even bought some for their friends!



After we left there, we headed to SoHo to do some shopping.


The last time we were here in NYC we found SoHo and LOVED it.






There are so many fun stores there! We went to J Crew, Forever 21, Amsterdam Boutique, Zara, American Eagle, Scholastic, and more. We pretty much spent the whole day shopping there today. I even got some tops and scarves.


We ate at a little deli called Cafe Duke and it had the BEST sandwiches. I got a Rueben. Mmmmm!!


After all that shopping, we were all so tired! We had shopped for 8 hours and at 4:00 we decided to come back and take a little nap and watch TV. We watched a movie and relaxed until about 7:00. Since we had such a big lunch, we decided to just get some dessert tonight. So we went to Magnolia Bakery. We got banana pudding, chocolate cupcakes, and cherries jublilee.


Now we are back at the hotel watching American Idol, ordering room service (Lindy decided she was hungry after all) and just hanging out. We need to get our energy for tomorrow! :)





16 comments:

  1. Luv the girls purses. Those flowers are gorgeous too!! Looks like you girls are having way to much fun! I'll be in NY on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HAVING FUN! Gosh, makes me wanna go to NYC. I have only been once and that was several years ago. I am living vicarioiusly through you, so make every day cound, lol!! :-) Can't wait to hear and "see" the rest of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purses are my weakness!! Well, and shoes.

    I SOOOO wish I was spending my week with y'all! You know how to have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like ya'll are having an amazing time! I want to have a NYC vacay with my mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like SOOO much fun!! Those flowers are so pretty! And that is too cool about the purses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great 1st day in NYC! I have only been once...but want to go back...Soon! Have a wonderful time...Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girl,

    Looks like y'all are having fun. Love the purses. Nothing like an adventure to get them. Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I had to comment because my mom and I have been taking annual trips to NYC since 2004 and it is such a special mom-daughter trip! We LOVE NYC! And we have a few Chinatown purse shopping adventures of our own! So jealous you are there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that you and your galz are having fun :)! That purse shop sounds like a great secret find. Continue to post wonderful pics so we can "travel" with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh... I'm totally jealous over the purses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun trip!! I've bever been to NY, I wish I lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love living through your trips with you how fun!!! Sorry for all the delays yesterday thats no fun glad you got there safely in the end!! I so want to go on a trip like that!! You guys have so much fun no matter where you go! Love the purse van that is awesome!! Keep having fun love reading about it!! ttys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnolia Bakery...YUMMY!!!!!!
    Don't forget to check out pommes frites!! Oh, and those purse stories...we all have them. Aren't they the best??!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love hearing about your trip. What great memories yall are making!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun trip!!!!! I'm so jealous - ya'll are having so much fun!!! I want to take Harper one day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know y'all are having tons of fun! Love the bags...I should have had you pick one up for me ;-)

    Can't wait to hear more about your awesome trip!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)