Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lots of Stuff

How did so many days go by and I didn't have a minute to blog?? I can't believe it is already Thursday!

What have I been up to this week? Lots of getting busy back at work. But I have had some fun things happen this week! I think you may remember me telling you how I always find gift cards in my purse that I have never used?? Well, I changed purses this week and found two $10 cards to Target, a $10 card to Starbucks, and a $20 Pier One gift card. Yay! So I left extra early for work on Monday and went by Starbucks for my tall, skim, decaf hazelnut latte.

By the way, is there a certain way you are supposed to place an order at Starbucks?? Ashley and I were having that discussion while we were in New York. What is your favorite drink at Starbucks?? I am stuck on hazelnut lattes!!



I also decided to join Twitter last night just for fun. I don't really think I will do any tweeting myself. (Goodness...I barely have time to blog!) But I do like reading what is going on in everyone else's life!! Some people think that is just crazy. I've heard people say, "Who cares what anyone is doing at any given moment during the day??!!" I think you can get extreme with it, but I am just a huge people watcher. That is so entertaining to me. And I love getting to know people and hearing all about their lives. That does not bore me at all!

So...Mark told me that he gets Tweets (is that what you call it??) from famous basketball players and that you can get Tweets from well-known people in addition to friends. So I followed anyone I could think of that I either know or watch on TV! What do you think about Twitter??


Tomorrow is Joy Prom at my church. It is a prom that we host for anyone with special needs in this area. I was in charge of the flowers this year. I am excited about seeing these sweet people enjoying such a special night. Here is my blog about it from last year. It was one of those times that you will never forget.

Saturday I am hosting a baby shower for three pregnant girls (one of them happens to be my sister-in-law, Britney) at my house.


I am looking forward to that. It is supposed to be such a nice weekend. Yay for spring!

Then on Sunday, I am going to Columbia for a bridal shower for Ashley that all her Chi-O friends are giving her. They wanted to do something for her before she graduates. I can't believe the showers are already starting!! I will tell you all about it Sunday night.


Today we took the entire second grade on a field trip to the community of Matthews, North Carolina. We toured the Town Hall, The Public Library, and an old-fashioned hardware store...you know the kind that has sells baby chicks along with fertilizer? We had a picnic afterward and it was such a beautiful day. I just LOVE sunny spring weather!! Doesn't it put you in the best mood??

Here is a picture of me with one of my students!


Hope you are having a good week!

10 comments:

Jeanie said...

The pic with your student is so cute! She is lucky to have such a sweet teacher and she looks like a sweet student too!
My fave drink at Starbucks is a Grande Skinny Mocha with No Whip but I usually opt for a Tall Skinny Chai Tea Latte. I think it's a few less calories. Most of the time I settle for my own relatively free Folgers with a shot of Fat Free Vanilla Creamer. Boring!
Have fun at all the showers...such a sweet time...babies and weddings how much better can it get?
Jeanie
mageditor.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I absolutely love twitter! It's fun because you can follow anyone! you'll have to start following me! http://twitter.com/melissabradley

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I always get a non-fat chai latte at Starbucks. I like their coffee, but I like the chai best!

I'm a Twitter fan too.

Fun field trip...and showers??? Wow. I hope Ashley's is very nice. Post pics!!!

Thanks for giving me the thumbs up to whine. I'm so sick so snow. Have a great weekend, Besty.

Jacquie said...

I can't believe you and your gift cards! Cracks me up.

Sounds like you've had a busy and fun week. The wedding feels like it's coming fast - showers starting already!!!

Have a nice, warm weekend!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I have missed you friend :)!!!

It sounds like you have a busy, fun-filled weekend ahead of you. Please take a ton of pictures so we can see the prom and two showers!

I love a tall, carameal machiato from Starbucks :)!

Faith said...

The Joy Prom sounds so special! I hope that it goes well. Enjoy your weekend =)

P.S. Did you get my email? I replied twice, but maybe they aren't going through? I hope you got it this time!

Meagan said...

WOW! That's goign to be a lot of showers this weekend! Me and La are throwing Megan her shower on Sunday and I can't wait! :-)

My favorite Starbucks (my "drug" of choice, lol) is a Grande Caramel Machiato... and sometimes when I am being good I order a "light" one, but I too don't know the order to order - lol - in other wordds, I never know where to put the "light."

Leigh Ann said...

Sweet Betsy! You have so many good things going on right now! I am completely teary over Joy Prom. I went and looked at the pictures from last year. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful thing you and your church are doing for your community!!! That is about the sweetest thing I have EVER seen! As a mom of child with special needs, I thank you!!!

petrii said...

Besty,
How cute are you? That pic is priceless!!!

Sorry I haven't been by in a while. I also dig a good Hazelnut something-er-another, see you should now not feel so bad for the way you order yours =)

Can't wait to hear about all the fun you are having this weekend.

Love to you friend,
Dawn

Christal said...

I so don't want to even look at twitter I have enough to be addicted to ha ha! YOu look so cute with your students and what a beautiful spring day!! You and your gift cards actually you just reminded me that I have a toys r us and a starbucks giftcard on my bulletin board nice thank you!! hope your having a great week so far!!