Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life's Ups And Downs

Sometimes my life seriously becomes nothing but a whirlwind....and I'm caught in the middle spinning like a top. This week has been like that with not a minute for blogging or catching up on anyone else's blogs. :( I'm sorry! I LOVE keeping up with all my blogging friends, so hopefully I can see what everyone's been up to this weekend.

Anyway...I was just thinking about some of the week's ups and downs today.

Let's start with the downs...(so we can end on a good note).

*A good friend of mine just lost her mother about seven months ago, and now her daddy is getting ready to die. So sad. I can't imagine losing both my parents so close together.

*My brother Brent and his wife Britney are expecting a baby in a few weeks. This week the doctor scared them a little bit indicating that there may be some problems, but we will not know until she is born. Please keep them in your prayers!


*Mark's car got hit! Can you believe that?


*Our air conditioner broke, and believe me, it is NOT going to be cheap to fix it. Holy cow!


But enough of those downers...let's think about the positives!

*Our school just got awarded the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence today! Woo-hoo! We are in the top five percent (in standardized test scores) of all the schools in North Carolina. We had a big ceremony today and everyone wore blue. I got to sing in a little ensemble to help celebrate.




*I found some old friends through Steve joining Facebook. I think I'm going to have to break down and join. haha It's just too much fun to connect with old friends!


*Ashley was voted "Most Likely To Succeed" by her Chi-Omega sorority sisters. She was also voted "Most Likely To Have Kids First". :)





*Today is the last day of April. Wow...May is here already??? LOVE IT! May is super busy, but it is one of my favorite months of the year.


*Lindy won an award this week for the awesome job she does in her TV Productions class at school. She really is great at editing videos and making slide shows put to music. I will have to put one on YouTube and show it to you sometime. Girl's got talent!


*Tomorrow is College Day at Laura and Lindy's high school. Lindy came into our room last night and was sad because she didn't have an East Carolina t-shirt to wear and didn't think she would have time to get one. Well....guess what my sweet husband did? While they were at school today, he went out and bought them t-shirts for each of their colleges and had them all laid out on the kitchen table when they got home along with balloons.




Yep, he's a keeper! ;)

I think overall the good outweighed the bad. I am blessed every day!

14 comments:

The Monogrammed Mrs. said...

That is the sweetest thing about the t-shirt surprise! Especially for your husband to think of it.

Ginger said...

What a guy! He is a keeper. It has been a busy, busy week girl, but Friday's coming. I'll be praying for your brother and sister-in-law. I know you are proud of your girls!!!

Melissa said...

That's so sweet of him to get them shirts and they're super cute too! You should definitely join facebook. It's great! I don't know about you, but my stresses include end of the year stuff at school. I love this time of year, but there is so much to do!

Jacquie said...

Those are some "downs". I'll be praying for your friend and your brother and SIL.

That was SO sweet of Steve to take care of the T-shirts for the girls. What a Dad!!

Have a great Friday!

Mom Can I? said...

Absolutley a keeper!!! I love that he did that for the girls!!! I will keep your brother and sister in law in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do.....being right in the middle of our own little miracle, I'm a great listener too!!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

He is DEFINITELY a keeper in every sense of the word! I am so glad that the week's ups have outweighed the bad. Just a few more weeks and you can enjoy SUMMER!

I will be praying for your sweet brother, his wife, and their little girl.

Cindy said...

That is too sweet that he bought the girls shirts!

Love Being a Nonny said...

LOVE that he bought the girls tee shirts! Good daddy! And Ashley's award is one to be proud of!!

I just prayed for Brent and Britney and their precious baby girl. God goes before me and is faithful.

Have a great weekend.

angela

Christal said...

What a sweet husband!!! Congrats on all the awards and good things that is awesome!! Sad about your brother hope all turns out good when the baby is born! Sorry about Mark's car and the air conditioner! No fun!! You are a busy busy girl!! But a great friend and mom!! Have a great weekend!!

Lauren said...

Your husband is awesome - how sweet and thoughtful is that??

I'm thinking that you are a big reason that your school got recognized...and that she got voted most likely to succeed!

I will be praying for your brother and SIL.

Meagan said...

Okay, your hubby is THE SWEETEST daddy!!!! That is so great!

Faith said...

Oh wow, you have had a lot going on! I'll be praying over the situations that you mentioned.

That is so incredibly sweet about the t-shirts! He did good too, because they are super cute!

P.S. I just sent you an email about your blog design, so I hope it went through...I have more for you to preview!

MiMi said...

How sweet that your husband surprised them with T-shirts! He is DEFINITELY a keeper!

I have had a similar kind of week and am trying to get a little rest today.

I'll be praying for your brother and SIL.

Try to get some rest and relaxation this weekend.

petrii said...

Betsy,
How sweet of your hubs to do that ~~ yep definitely a keeper!!!

So sorry about your brother and sister--in-laws news. I'll be praying for them.

Have a Blessed week,
Dawn