Saturday, April 11, 2009

Back Home

We are home today safe and sound. Going away is fun and coming home is great too! Yesterday we had just a few hours before we left for Charlotte, so after we checked out of our hotel, we went over to the Today show for just a little while. We got to see Matt Lauer and Amy Robach in the Plaza. If you ever watch the Today show on the weekends, you might know who I'm talking about?? She was filling in for Ann Curry today.


These are a few of the pictures we took...




After we left, we grabbed some breakfast and got Starbucks and sat down inside Rockefeller Center to watch the ice skaters for a while. And as we were sitting there, guess who walked by? Amy Robach! She was leaving from the show and Laura asked her if she could take a picture with her and she was sweet enough to oblige!


I bet it is such a fun job to be a reporter for the Today show and live in a Manhattan apartment and work in a high rise building! You even get your own personal assistants to help you do everything. I need one of these!!


Anyway...here are our last few pictures of our fun trip to NYC! My girls have decided this is a tradition now. If we do anything in our family more than once or twice it automatically becomes a "tradition" to them! haha That's fine with me! :)




We did a little more shopping and browsed a Barnes and Noble, then it was time to head for the airport. Our flight home went really smoothly until we got close to Charlotte. There was a rainstorm here, so we couldn't land and had to circle the airport for about 30 minutes...all the time bumping around in the clouds. Not fun!!

We finally landed and made it home. My mom was so sweet to have come by and dropped off taco soup and blueberry/banana pie for us for dinner so I didn't have to cook. That is the BEST thing to do for someone when they get back from a trip, isn't it??

Today is a beautiful, warm day and I am looking forward to getting my house in order and my laundry done and getting ready for Easter tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! How much fun you have had on spring break. I am in Chattanooga at my parents house and I just told her, "Betsy's in NYC and it makes me want to go so bad!!" lol. Glad you have a FUN and SAFE trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like ya'll had such an awesome time! I can't even imagine how much fun you and your girls must have had!

    So glad that you made it home safely.

    Hope you and your sweet family have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful memories! Hope you can do it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like y'all had just the best time. Glad you made it home safely.

    Jodi wants to go be on the Today Show sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all are so adorable. It looks like your trip was so much fun! Oh, and I love all of your scarves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are always doing something SO fun and it seems like you are always bumping into celebrities. How FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)