Friday, March 20, 2009

WPB-Day 2

Today was supposed to be a bright, sunny, and warm day here in West Palm Beach. Unfortunately, it turned out to be overcast and chilly all day. :( So we made the best of it by going to the mall and doing some prom dress shopping. The PGA mall down here is awesome with tons of really fun stores. Of course, we had to make a stop at one of our favorites....Anthropologie!




Then it was on to Bloomingdales. It was prom dress heaven there.




Lindy found one she liked alot and ended up getting it! I thought it was really cute on her.


Here is Steve waiting outside the dressing room. He's checking basketball scores on his phone!


Tonight we went to one of our favorite places here in WPB...City Place.


It's got lots of restaurants and shopping and you can just walk around and enjoy being outside. On Friday nights they always have live bands playing and there is a MovieCo right there.





We decided to try a new Greek restaurant tonight. THAT was entertaining! The first thing they do is bring out hummus that you grind yourself with a mortal and pestle. They serve it with yummy warm pita bread. Then we tried lots of different things like flaming goat cheese. Here is our waiter bringing it out.


We also had Greek style filet minon and fried zucchini and lamb and homemade tzikki sauce, etc. Then while we were sitting there, the belly dancers came out.


They got up on the table and danced in between everyone. People were getting up on the tables and dancing with them and throwing tons of napkins up in the air. It was crazy!

When we left there, we walked down to where they had a salsa band playing. It was so much fun because everyone was dancing and just hanging out listening to the music. This couple was putting on a show! They have been married for 50 years and were so cute...plus REALLY good salsa dancers!


We also saw the movie "Taken".


Wow...that was an intense movie! I liked it even though it was very far-fetched. The whole time I was watching it though, I was feeling so sorry for Liam Neeson. I can't believe his wife, Natasha Richardson, died in such a tragic accident! That is so sad. She was so beautiful. I loved her in "The Parent Trap"!

I woke up with a really bad cold today. Can you believe that? I haven't been sick all year and then when I go on vacation, I come down with something. No fair! I have been achy and had a sore throat all day. I took some Zycam tonight, though, so hopefully I will feel better soon!

Enjoy your weekend!

11 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

WOW! Talk about fun-filled. I enjoyed my visit with you!!

Love Being a Nonny said...

WOW! What a wonderful day!! Loved all your pictures! I felt like I was on your trip....except that it is in the 30s in NC this morning!! UGH!!

MiMi said...

What a wonderful day! I LOVE City Place and was waiting on you to hopefully post some pictures from there! Such fun!

Lindy looks adorable in her prom dress. Glad ya'll found one so easily!

Hope you have a great weekend and keep your eye "peeled" for any more celebrities! (-:

petrii said...

Betsy,
How fun!! I heart Greek food!!!

Lindy is such a cutie in that dress. So fun.

My son saw Taken a few weeks ago and said it was intense.

Hope the Zycam kicks that cold right out of there.

Continue enjoying your vacation,
Dawn

Becky said...

I love overnights in WPB, it's one of my favorite overnights. And talk about people watching...City Place is the place to do it or should I say, "car watching". I've never seen so many amazing cars there.

I can't believe you saw Kelly Rippa....I love her, she is soooo adorable!

I'm sorry you're now feeling well, maybe today will be better and hopefully the sun will come out and you can get some much needed vitamin D. My body is vitamin D deficient right now....I NEED SUNSHINE!!!! It's 44 and rainy here today! Aaaargh!!!!

Take care and have a safe trip home.

Rebecca Jo said...

Love the prom dress... I had to laugh at the hubs though, sitting checking out the scores... men!

Looks like tons of fun going on!!!

Jacquie said...

Wow! You've had a busy, fun and exciting day!! Even though the weather let you down. That Greek Restaurant sounds like a real experience.

I hope you feel better!

Meagan said...

Hey girl! It sounds like you are having such a fun trip! I wish I was there!!! You MUST feel better soon... I'm saying a little prayer for you!!

Ginger said...

Hey there,
We've missed you at work! Looks like y'all are having a great time. Both the restaurants sound great...can't believe you saw Kelly Rippa! How cool is that! Have fun at the wedding and have a safe trip back home!

Christal said...

how much fun are you having!! Lucky girl! jeolous yes I am! But so glad you all are having a fun break away together! SO cool that you saw kelly ripa! Well keep having fun ttys

Nancy said...

LOVE Lindy's dress. Looks like yall are having fun!

And YUMMY for greek food!