Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine??

I think I remember way back in January when I was thinking about words that I hoped would define 2009 and I think I remember picking the word "peace". Maybe that was just wishful thinking! :) I think I have bitten off a little more than I can chew over the past few weeks with everything I have going on. Really, I think what I'm feeling is more overwhelmed than anything. I have to stop and slow down every now and then or the craziness just spins out of control. Somehow I have a bad habit of overbooking my life! :)

Anyway...I think I told you about the gospel choir I was in at school? Well, that has been SO much fun. I have really enjoyed it. However, it has taken a LOT of time. But today was our performance and we had about 100 people there to watch us. I thought we did a good job and I hope everyone enjoyed it. I was just so thankful that our principal gave us the opportunity to sing these gospel songs at school!! I hope it ministered to those that were listening! Here is a picture of me with two of my sweet friends, Candy and Ginger. We were all part of the choir today. I was so nervous and hot though!! (NOT the best picture ever...haha)


Now that I have that behind me, I just need to focus on getting report cards done and getting all my end of quarter scores entered into the computer by Friday.

And, I am still having tooth trouble. I got a temporary crown put on, but now I still can't chew on that side because it hurts so much. I am going back tomorrow and hopefully they will do something to fix it.

The good thing is that at the end of this week it will be Spring Break! Can it get here soon enough??? Whew...I am so looking forward to having nothing pressing to do!

While I was typing this, Lindy has been calling every five minutes because she was lost trying to go to her boyfriend's baseball game at another school. Oh my goodness...that girl inherited my directionally challenged brain. But I don't like her out driving around in a car when it is getting dark and not knowing where she is! Thank goodness for cell phones and that she finally found her way. Bless her heart!

Just one of those days, I guess...

12 comments:

Michele said...

I'm glad your performance went well! Hopefully things will slow down for you soon. I certainly know the feeling of being overwhelmed! I hope Spring Break will be a nice chance to relax ~ although I've never thought of New York as relaxing! Ha!

Kellie DeLange said...

Just have to get through a few more days and you will be on vacation! I'll be praying that the rest of your week goes well.

Lacy said...

Hang in there Betsy!! You will be in NYC before you know it! :)

Scrapper Mom said...

whew! I totally know how you feel about overbooking. I've got a thousand things to do on top of 3 baseball games..stuffing eggs for a hunt on sat, hosting a baby shower, preparations for prom (like picking up the tux and the corsage bc I know my son's not gonna do it! lol)...and to top it all off, I just found out today that we had a death in our church and the funeral is Thursday. That means cooking and they asked me to sing!! See??? You're not the only one girl!

oh, and btw...I am so totally directionally challenged. I always do a trip maker before EVERY away baseball game.

Enjoy that spring break!

Jacquie said...

Bless your heart. I'm sorry about your tooth... I've got a temporary crown right now, too. Fun times.

Nancy said...

The Gospel Choir sounds like fun!

Hope your tooth feels better soon. That is no fun!

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Betsy, I often wonder how you do it all. Working full-time, raising 4 really sweet kids, planning a wedding, Blogging, volunteering for A LOT, and always doing it with a smile! Check out this post http://simplemom.net/why-do-we-say-yes-when-we-really-mean-no/
I read it right after I read yours and thought I would pass it along!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I wish I could have seen you in action :)!!!

I hope the rest of the week goes well. You will be in NYC before you know it!!!

Holly said...

That is so cool that you sing! And way cool that your principal let you sing those songs! You never know where you will plant a seed and bring someone to Christ! Way to go!! :) Good luck, don't stress too much Miss Betsy.

Ginger said...

Hey there,

Whew! It was fun, but I'm somewhat relieved that we have a little bit of a breather now! I'm ready for Spring Break. I didn't know your tooth was still bothering you...hope today's visit helps!

Kelley said...

Betsy - sorry about all the craziness and hope you get your tooth feeling better soon. We have some relatively inexpensive restaurants we like in NYC if you want me to give you the names of them. Just let me know. Hope you get some rest.

Love Being a Nonny said...

Hope you get your crown fixed before your trip!!! Had some dental problems myself this week!!!