Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Waiting For Spring

Yesterday was the day that Laura received her award from the Queen City Optimists Club for the essay she wrote on "The Power Of Youth". We went to a very nice luncheon in honor of the three top winners. Most of the people there were retired and they were all so sweet. They do so much for youth in our community and they were just as friendly and welcoming as can be. Laura read her essay, along with two other girls. I thought she did a really great job and was very proud of her. It was an enjoyable event. Here are a couple of pictures.





Spring is so close. I have been dreaming about it lately! Here are a few things I'm looking forward to...













The snow is melting now. In the next few days it is supposed to get up in the 70's. I am soooo looking forward to that!

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! "~Mark Twain

10 comments:

  1. Betsy,
    You must be so proud of Laura. What a wonderful honor!!!

    I heart spring. It's suppose to be in the 70's here to. YAY!!

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I haven't posted a comment before, but I've read your blog a few times! I found it through Kelly's Korner...I am also a teacher so I love hearing your stories and seeing some of the neat things you do with your students!

    I am also very ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Laura....what an honor!

    I'm so ready for spring too! It just can't get here fast enough for me. I'm ready to get my hands dirty in the flower beds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Laura!! Your kids are always doing something so great!!

    We're supposed to have 70 degree weather for the next couple of days. YES! Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to laura and amen to mark twain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Laura! I know you are so proud of her :)!!!

    Spring...please come! I hope the nice weather is not a tease b/c I am loving the sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Laura!! I TOTALLY have Spring Fever up here. After coming back from our Spring Break in Florida, I have been refusing to put sweaters back on. I am so tired of wearing them!! Hurry up warm weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you're so proud of Laura! So ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so ready for Spring! I know you must be so proud of Laura. That is awesome! You have some great kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)