Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thinking Ahead

We are still just enjoying this awesome warm spell we have been lucky enough to have lately!! It has been the perfect week for Mark to be home on Spring Break! I love having him home. Today our next door neighbor, Michael, who is one of Mark's best friends was home too. So, of course, they had to play a little game of driveway basketball....just like old times. I love hearing that basketball dribbling outside my window and the sound of them laughing together! I love them both.


Sometimes it feels like my life is moving so fast it takes my breath away. Laura and Lindy have been hearing from colleges lately and trying to decide where they want to go. This weekend Steve and I are going up to Boone, North Carolina with Laura to take a tour of Appalachian State University. That is one of her top choices so she just wants to look around again.

I had a dream the other night that I was dropping my girls off at college, but they were little like they used to be with their cute blonde hair and little chubby cheeks.




It was a really sad dream. I think I am getting sad about all my kids leaving, but I am thankfully so busy that I don't have much time to think about it, so it shows up in a dream. I am happy for them, but it is still hard. That's what you get for having four kids so close together. They are all going to college and getting married at the same time! :)

I know I will need lots of prayer this year to get through all the transitions I will be facing!

14 comments:

  1. I love the old pictures of your girls...how sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, believe me when I tell you I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I love it when Kale (and Kayla) come home... everything just feels right again; it seems like just yesterday they were little and I was taking them to daycare, or school, or ballgames. I miss those days, but I love having adult children as well!! They have grown into such fun and interesting people!

    I will certainly hold you in my prayers as you go through this new "adjustment" with the girls - both going to college and getting married. (Are Laura and Lindy REALLY going to consider going to different colleges?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you adjust to this new phase!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the pictures! Seeing them reminds me to enjoy my children while they are little! I'm sure you feel like time went by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. There is just too much going on to let myself think about it. At least my older son decided to go to the same school as my daughter. It helps knowing that they will be in the same town, at least for a year. My last one will be a senior next year and I am just going to loose it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart! I want you to know that I pray for you every morning b/c I can only imagine your emotions right now. You have done an outstanding job with each of your children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww that made me sad! love the pictures of the girls they are so adorable still are! Crazy how time flies eh! Glad you guys are having good weather please send some to us!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post reminded me that I need to be living in the moment, with my little kids. Thanks Betsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got so emotional just last month when mine turned one. I can't stand to think about him starting school so I can only imagine how bittersweet it must be for you with all four leaving the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog because we have lots in common! I had my three in under four years. They all married within 18 months!!!!! It is hard, but life takes on a new meaning....and it is indeed GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you're enjoying having Mark home this week. I love the picture of the girls...so precicious! Growing pains I think are hard..we're just beginning to get a taste of what it will be like. You always have such a positive outlook and I think that is so important! Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm praying for you girl! I know it't got to be hard to think about an empty nest, but you have weaved such a tight-knit family, no doubt they'll be back as often as they can be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betsy, I am sad about my oldest going to middle school so I can't imagine how you must feel. I will be praying for you over the next months as you go through so much transition. Can't wait to hear where the girls end up. My brother Bryan LOVED Appalachian!

    ReplyDelete
  14. L & L were (and are) so beautiful! I have to admit I got teary reading this. It is SO wonderful watching your kids grow, but it is very bittersweet. Evan is 7 today and my heart aches a little because I will be in your shoes before I know it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)