Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sweet Boy

Today was Mark's birthday. He turned 19 today!


It was the first birthday he's had away from home and you know I couldn't let the day go by without going to see him. So that's what we did. Steve was already in Columbia today on business, so after school Laura and Lindy and I drove down to join him and take Mark out to dinner. Ashley and John met us there, too. We went to Carolina Ale House, which has all the kind of food he likes (burgers, wings, etc.)







We gave him alot of new clothes from American Eagle that he needed like some khakis and new shirts.


And I made a big goodie bag for him with all his favorite things like Gatorade, peanut M & M's, trail mix, Lemonheads, Sour Patch Kids, Barbeque Baked Lays potato chips, etc. He loved it!

We didn't get to stay long, but I was so glad we got to see him today. Nineteen years ago today I was in labor and Steve was sitting there watching the NCAA tournament on TV the whole time. That was appropriate because Mark is a basketball fanatic! He was born with a head full of black hair and pretty dark skin. I thought he looked like a little Hispanic baby and he was so cute!! He was a butterball when he was a baby...just the way I like 'em!

Mark has always brought us so much joy and happiness and he has never given us a minute of trouble. I've got to brag a little bit and just say that he is so handsome and funny and smart and athletic. He has always gotten compliments from adults that meet him and he is loved by his friends, too. He even won best personality in his senior class (which was huge, by the way). He is my sweet boy and I am so thankful God gave him to us on this day nineteen years ago. I love you, Mark!!

PS--I have become blog famous down in West Palm Beach because of my blog post about seeing Kelly Ripa. Haha!! A reporter from the Palm Beach Post called me yesterday and said she saw my blog and wanted to chat with me about it. How on earth did she find my blog?? But today she wrote about me here and even used a few of my pictures!

16 comments:

Jacquie said...

That is so funny about your claim to fame!!!

What sweet words for your sweet, sweet boy. I feel SO close to you when you talk about your kids. We share such similar sentiments about our young'ens.

You sure made his birthday special!!

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

Your family is beautiful. Happy Birthday to Mark! What a fun night.

That is crazy about the reporter...How Fun!

Faye said...

WHAT A SWEET POST.BETSY I LOVE YOUR BLOG.I CHECK IT EVERYDAY!HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Deidre said...

Happy Birthday, Mark! I love that you all traveled to celebrate with him.

How cool a reporter saw your blog!

Rebecca Jo said...

What a handsome young man!!! Love the goodie bag too... YUMM-O!!

Heather said...

Your son (and whole family) sound precious! I hope I have a family like yours one day!

Too funny about the Kelly Ripa thing! It's hilarious how people find other people's blogs!

Megan L Hutchings said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!

I am not the least bit surprised that Mark won best personality b/c I know he has to take after his mom ;)!

You are famous...how cool :)!!!

petrii said...

Betsy,
How funny!! Take a pic of KR and your in =)

Happy Birthday Mark!!! I'm so glad you got to go see him. There's nothing like our boys =)

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Leigh Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Mark. So glad you got to see him on his birthday!

I'm off to read about Kelly Ripa and the reporter. What in the world? How cool!

Faith said...

So glad your handsome boy had a great birthday!

And, how neat - you are famous!!!

Lacy said...

How nice of y'all to go down to Cola and spend Mark's Bday together!! That is CRAZY about the reporter...congrats on becoming blog famous! ;)

Cheryl / Garry said...

Happy Birthday Mark !
That was so sweet of you guys to drive down, one special family.

WTG on the blog .. and just think, we knew you when.

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday Mark! What a nice young man he is and how lucky he is to have y'all!

Christal said...

Happy Birthday to mark what a great set of parents he has you guys are so fun!! What a great night and surprise for him! You always make your kids feel so loved and appreciated.
Love your famous link way to go! Hope you have a great weekend!!

MiMi said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to Mark! I know he must have loved your birthday visit and especially loved the goodie bag!

How fun about the WPB reporter!

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品