Sunday, March 8, 2009

Springy Sunday

This morning Steve and I were invited to visit my custodian's church to hear his choir sing with a guest vocalist that was there for the service. Wow! It was a wonderful, spirit-filled service and we enjoyed it so much. We didn't even realize when we left that the service had lasted three hours! We got there at 10:00 and we had forgotten to set our watches ahead an hour, so when we left we thought it was 12:00! Then we saw on our cell phones that our kids had been calling saying, "Where are you? Why have you been gone so long...it's 1:00!" It is??? Really??? We couldn't believe the time had gone by so fast!

We had another absolutely gorgeous day today. I LOVE it!! Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the high 80's. I'm glad I am in a mobile unit and can turn the air conditioning on when I want to!

Well, as you can see...I have changed my blog look to a little bit more springy design. I found a new website called Scrapblog. Okay...that is addictive! I have already changed my blog look twice this weekend. haha It is just so much fun to play with! You should go check it out.

The only thing I don't know how to do is make my header fit properly. Let me know if you know how to do that!

I have decided it is time to crack out the self-tanner. After being out in the bright sunshine this weekend, I realized how snow-white I am. I hate that self-tanner smell, but it is worth it to not blind people with the whiteness. haha My two favorite brands are Neutrogena...


and Jergens Express.



You know spring is here when you start getting pedicures and needing a tan! I am going to enjoy these next few days, because I heard it is going to get cool again towards the end of the week.

Oh...could I please ask you to pray for something for me? Ashley is getting ready to graduate in May and she is sending out her resumes to principals in Charlotte this week. The economy has really hit hard here and there is a hiring freeze and teachers are even being laid off. It is a really bad time for her to be looking for a job. But she REALLY needs one since she is getting married in November and starting her own life. Would you pray that she will find a job here somewhere?? Thank you so much. I love having sweet friends who will lift me and my family up!

13 comments:

  1. I am new here! What an awesome blog! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new Spring blog look! I will defintely pray for Ashley. I remember how hard it was for me to find a job just 2 years ago. It was a very rough time for me. I pray that it will be easy and smooth for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky having spring talking about self tanners while I sit here in my warm pj's getting ready for bed and its freezing and snowed today!! dang weather! Love the new springy look too! We all have spring fever I think eh!
    Ashley is in my prayers that she will get a job! Crazy times eh! Have a great week! ttys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy,
    I love Scrapblog too. So fun!! I love this look as well.

    I will be praying for Ashley to find a job.

    Have a Blessed week,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. I'll be prayng for Ashley! I know that must be stressful. Your new blog looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new look! I will pray for Ashley in her job search.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am ready for SPRING!! Hope Miss Ashley finds what she is looking for! :) And man that sounds like the perfect way to spend the night... I ♥ music! Oh and you are going to be an awesome grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blog looks great!

    I'll certainly be praying for Ashley and that God will open just the right doors for her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute new look!! Scrapblog is my fav! I stay on it for hours!!! I think I've made like 10+ headers already! Ha!!

    To make your header fit, just edit your HTML and scroll down to where it says header-wrapper. Mine is 750 so just play around with it until it fits!

    I've in the spring mood too! Already started tanning(a couple weeks ago), getting my hair done Friday, and getting some new Spring clothes! Yippee!!

    I will definitely be praying for Ashley! God will take care of her!! I really can't wait to see pictures from her wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will pray she can find a job. My little brother graduates from WCU in May and is already stressing about finding one. It's a tough time to be looking, but God can do anything, right?

    I love your new look. I need to check out that site.

    Enjoy the warm weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend with family and friends :)! The weather here has been really nice too. Golf, painting nails, playing outside...YAY FOR SPRING!!!

    I will pray for sweet Ashley :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashley is in my prayers. I feel certain that something will work out. Once they meet her, they'll want her in a classroom! She's vibrant and loves children!

    I love your new blog design. I'd like to add something to my header...definitely will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just curious...do both of those self-tanners have the awful smell, too? I can't even stand to be around myself after I use them, but I am like you with the snow-white skin.

    I will definitely be praying that Ashley will find the perfect job that the Lord has for her.

    Have a great week, my friend,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)