Saturday, March 28, 2009

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Take a look at these pictures and see if you can figure out what's been going on here for the past few days...











Seriously, I am about to build an ark! It has been raining FOREVER it seems like! Everything was pretty much flooded here today. Creeks were overflowing and everyone's yards were full of water.

I spent most of the afternoon getting caught up on schoolwork. Then tonight I made sloppy joes and french fries and we just stayed in and watched basketball. Carolina is still hanging in there, so that's exciting! Last year I did the brackets at school and everyone pitched in $5 to play. I didn't win. But this year I decided not to do it. If I had done it, though, I would have predicted that Carolina would win the whole thing. I even heard that President Obama picked Carolina!

Is anyone else out there watching all the basketball?

This time next week, I will be getting ready for our trip to NYC!! My girls and I are leaving on April 4th. I can't believe I only have one more week and then I will be on Spring Break. Yay!!!

Hope you are having a good weekend!

13 comments:

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

It's been raining~here too. Today, we had snow flurries. Crazy! NYC will be so much. I love visting NYC.

Jacquie said...

We've had rain here for the last two days. And it's FREEZING COLD and snowing in different areas of Arkansas.

It's hard to believe the school year is nearly over with.

And I've been kinda rootin' for NC since last year because I really like Tyler Hansbrough and the Razorbacks have decided to NOT be competitive!

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

I am SO sick of the rain too!!! It looks like it's finally clearing up this morning. You girls have a wonderful trip to NYC! Can't wait to hear about it!

Christal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christal said...

so excited for your nyc trip! I think i don't know what I'd rather have it snowed a whole bunch again last night!! I'm beginning to think I live in canada or something ha ha!! Hope it starts getting nice again for you! ttys

Nancy said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip to NYC! How fun is that going to be?

Faye said...

HEY BETSY,GIRL IT HAS BEEN FLOODING HERE TO.SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR TRIP.LOOKING FOWARDS TO LOTS OF PICS!HAVE A BLESSED EVENING!

Tara said...

I'll throw in the GO TAR HEELS right here! :-)

I love NYC! Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and not follow you from NC to FL back to NC and then to NY. Maybe you'll see Kelly Ripa again!

MiMi said...

We have definitely had our share of rain, haven't we?

Enjoy this last week before Spring Break! I know you're going to have so much fun in NYC! I've never been so I can't wait to hear about it! Wonder what celebrity siting you might see there?!?!

Meagan said...

Enjoy your spring break girl, it will be over WAY too quick. I am dreading work tomorrow! This is the time of year I have to deal with testing and I just want summer to hurry up and be here. It's also the time of year I start thinking about what I'm going to do next year and start getting excited about starting with a whole new crew!

petrii said...

Betsy,
The weather here has been crazy the last several days, rain and even snow -- what?!! I know!! But today I am looking out our office window to sunny skies and its suppose to be 65 today before more rain and storms late tonight...boo.

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Lacy said...

March showers, bring April showers? Wait...that's not right. Ha ha. Sorry to hear about all the bad weather down there. That is SOOO exciting about the upcoming trip to NYC!! :)

Megan L Hutchings said...

I know what you mean!!! The sun is shining today, but it has been raining for a while.

Web and I love getting into March Madness. We always fill out brackets together and of course he is beating me right now. It looks like Tyler and UNC have a good chance :)!