Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday

Last night was Steve's night to take Laura out by herself for a fun night together. So...they went to the Charlotte Bobcats game and out to dinner, just like Lindy and Steve did the week before. (Steve loves basketball and got Bobcat season tickets this year so he wants to make sure they get used!) They had a lot of fun together.

Since they went out together and Mark was getting together with friends, Lindy and I went to a new Chili's that just opened up near our house and split some fajitas for dinner. We had to start our dinner with their chips and salsa. They have the best chips I think! We were laughing remembering when we went to Europe summer before last and all of us were craving Mexican food and sweet tea for those two weeks. When we got home, my mom had gone out and gotten Chili's chips and salsa


and Bojangles sweet tea for us


and it was waiting on our kitchen counter when we walked in. That was such a wonderful surprise!

It has turned really cold and rainy again. :( So today we didn't do much except go prom dress shopping for Laura and Lindy. I made some homemade soup and cheese biscuits. Have you ever tried these?


They are really good and super quick and easy!

Mark is leaving to go back to school tomorrow. I have had fun having him home all week. I had to get a picture of him tonight with Lindy.


She was about to go out for the night so I took her picture before she left. She just got these cowboy boots not too long ago and I think they look so cute on her!


Tonight there wasn't really much on TV so I found one of my DVD sets of The Waltons and watched it.


I used to love that show! I still do! I wish they still had wholesome family shows like that!

10 comments:

  1. Chili's DOES have the best chips!!! I'm craving biscuits pretty bad right now... tomorrow morning, they're mine!

    Lindy's boots are so cute on her little petite frame!

    I just got home from Kale's - I know what you mean about enjoying him!

    I've always loved the Walton's too. Reminds me of home!! "Goodnight, Momma!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, by "him", I meant Mark... But you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chili's Chips and Salsa too!! My favorite oldie wholesome show is Little House on the Prairie!! I read all the books as a kid and watch the TV episodes every chance I get! Glad you enjoyed having Mark home. Lindy's boots are so cool. I wonder if I am "too old" to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BETSY,LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A WOUNDERFUL TIME!THE WALTONS ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Waltons! That was one of my favorite shows growing up. I didn't realize the new Chili's opened. We'll have to check it out. Sounds like y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I ask for more salsa and just eat spoonfuls of it by itself. My manners won't let me actually drink it from the bowl or I seriously would!!!

    I love that you and Steve enjoy and spend so much time with your children!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time together you guys have a strong close family and its fun to read the things you do together you have a great family! I love old shows too and lindy's boots look so cute on her! Fun times eh! ttys

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW.. your post is like a "Meagan's top favorites" list! Chili's chips n salsa are the absolute best! I always get a bowl of avocado ranch on the side and alternate that and salasa! YUM! Bisquick garlic cheese biscuits are so yummy. I used to make them from scratch and then found the mix and it couldn't BE any easier! And... I love wholesome, good tv (which you can't come by anymore). I used to watch the Waltons a long time ago when I was a kid, but now my favorite is the Andy Griffith show... I watch the reruns on tv and love it! Beats the heck out of reality tv junk!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about Chili's chip and salsa. We also love their cheese dip. I just LOVE your family. How sweet that Steve has a night out with the girls. What special times and memories he is creating for them. I grew up on The Walton's and Little House on the Prairie. I still love to watch both of them when I can catch them. Glad you had a great week with Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you --Chili's DOES have the best chips and salsa! I love the texture AND the amount of spiciness of their salsa.

    Lindy is a girl after my own heart with her boots! I have quite a few pairs and they are, by far, the most comfortable footwear you will ever wear!

    Glad you got to have such a great week with Mark!

    Have a great week, my friend!
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)