Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's All Good!

I think God heard my prayers about needing a little bit of spring, because we got a double dose of it today and it was amazing!!


You would have never known that a week ago it was snowing! Today it was 80 degrees and gorgeous.

Yesterday was my favorite day of the week...Friday! I left school in the best mood because the weather was warm and that always makes me feel happy. Last night Steve took Lindy to dinner and to a Charlotte Bobcats basketball game. He likes to take the kids out one-on-one when he can and last night was Lindy's turn. So, since Mark is home on Spring Break, I took him and Laura out to dinner. Laura brought along her good friend Melissa. We decided to go to Kabuto's, one of our favorite Japanese restaurants.


It just so happened that on the other side of the table from us was a group of seventh grade girls celebrating a birthday. Oh my goodness...you have never heard such squealing and giggling and talking. They were SO LOUD. We even got a noise complaint at our table! But I have to admit they kept us entertained! haha

This morning, Laura and I got out pretty early and did a little shopping. Then we met Lindy for lunch at a place called Salad Creations. Have you ever heard of it? I got the mandarin chicken salad and it was really good! We sat outside in the beautiful weather and had such a nice time. I accidentally left my camera at home so I can't show you how pretty it was!

This afternoon I went to a shower for a friend of mine who is having twin little boys. She got so many cute things and it was a fun way to spend the afternoon. She had the most gorgeous cake made from a place called Edible Art.


They do such a great job. I am hosting a baby shower next month, so I am keeping them in mind!

Tonight Steve and I babysat for my niece Bailey. That little girl is the sweetest thing ever. We had so much fun with her. We took her to dinner and she bounced in the booth and sipped coke out of my straw and ate some french fries dipped in ketchup.

(She doesn't have the hang of smiling naturally yet! haha)






There was a guy there playing the guitar and she took Steve by the hand and wanted to go over where he was and dance. That was too cute.

We gave her a bath when we got home, which she loved! I had fun washing her hair and making it into shapes like a clown or Batman. My kids used to think it was so funny when I would do that. She did too! She kept looking at herself in the faucet reflection and just laughing!!




Then I read her some books and sang her some songs and we rocked a little while. Then I put her in her crib and she said, "I love you, Aunt Betsy!" and just layed down with her little blanket and went to sleep. It was precious.

I can't wait to be a grandma! :)

Tomorrow Steve and I are going to church at my custodian, James' church. (I think I mentioned my friend Jena a few posts ago...it is her husband's church.) He asked me if I would come and hear his choir sing since they were having a guest singer coming in this weekend. I think it will be great. I know I love to hear James sing when he's working in my room or anywhere around our school. He really loves the Lord and he has a great voice! He told me the other day that when he gets to school around 5:30 in the morning, before anyone is there, that he prays over the whole school and asks God to protect our school and to watch over it each day. He said he prays for the teachers and our principal and the children that go there. Wow! That meant so much to me. I love knowing that someone has gone before me in prayer!

Well, I better get to bed since we are "springing forward" tonight! Have a good Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Bailey is such a cutie!! Looks like y'all have fun together.

    That is so sweet that James prays over the school and the faculty. What a blessing.

    (I love your hair pulled back - so cute!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather we were given yesterday! And today is suppose to be just as nice! Come on Spring!!!

    (Your niece is adorable!)

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey is too cute! It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun with her!

    How precious to know that James has already prayed over the entire school before anyone else ever arrives. I hope that you had a wonderful visit to his church today!

    Enjoy the beautiful weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy,
    I am so far behind on my blog reading, so I'm sure you've blogged about your new look, but I just wanted to tell you I LOVE IT!! I had a very similar header on mine as well a few weeks ago.

    Sounds like you've had a fun and busy weekend. That Bailey is a cutie!!! Oh and yes Grandbabies are just the best. Mine is asleep right now...what a cutie pie =)

    Have a Blessed Sunday afternoon,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kabuto's was our favorite restaurant in Charlotte. We went there once a month it seemed...Nothing beats a little entertainment while eating!!!
    Bailey is SO big and cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute niece you have! Her hair is so adorable and funny. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bailey is so cute! I know y'all enjoy sitting for her. I love your new blog design. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)