Thursday, April 2, 2009

Indescribable

I love Chris Tomlin! I especially love his song Indescribable. Everything has started budding and blooming here in Charlotte and it is soooo pretty. This song always comes to my mind when I am driving around looking at all the spring beauty!! The words are so perfect.

From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty



From the colors of fall


to the fragrance of spring


Every creature unique in the song that it sings


All exclaiming

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.



You are amazing God

All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God



Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go


Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow


Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light


Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night


None can fathom

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God



All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
You are amazing God



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS--My root canal went well today. My high school friend Tommy Kleitches did it and he was awesome. And we actually had fun catching up, believe it or not!! I'm glad it's over!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm not having the best day today, so I really needed this. I sat and listened to this song, in praise to our amazing God!! Thanks for sharing Betsy! (And I am glad to hear that your root canal went well! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible post! This is one of my FAVORITE songs! I'm linking to yoU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song and the way you added pictures adds even more meaning to the words. Glad the root canal went well and you are up to blogging. That's a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it went well today! I've been thinking about you. I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,
    I love this song and Chris Tomlin. I've gotten to see him at our church before ~~ Great!!!

    So glad your tooth feels better.

    Have a Blessed evening,
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post. It's amazing how much more meaning a song has when you write it out and envision it like you just did! Love it!

    I'm glad your root canal went well. Nothin' worse than a tooth ache.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this song too! Thanks so much for this reminder and the beautiful pictures. Our God is SO GOOD isn't He?! I know you blessed so many people with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it and great pics!! AND so glad all went well with the root canals! Nice to catch up too eh! Have a great post thanks for the uplifting words! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this song and I love Chris Tomlin! What great pictures, too!

    So glad that your root canal went well and that you had a fun time catching up with an old friend.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH that is one of my favorite songs every!!! Thanks for the uplifting post!

    Also, glad your dental work went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betsy - just sent you an e-mail after I saw your comment on my blog. Hope it isn't too late!!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)