Sunday, March 1, 2009

In Like A Lion

March has definitely roared in like a lion. We have had the craziest weekend weather! It was not cold at all yesterday, but rained alot. Then this morning at about 5:00 am we had a thunder and lightening storm and it POURED rain all day today. Creeks near our house are about to overflow! You should have seen us trying to get to church. The wind was blowing and the rain was coming down so hard. Bless Steve's heart...he had to work in the parking lot for two hours this morning and got pretty much drenched. When we got home, he took off his shoes and his socks were soaking wet! It rained all day and was getting progressively colder. Then tonight it started to snow around 6:00.


Tonight was also our Senior Blessing Dinner. We had it at Longview Country Club and it was so nice.


Our church does this every year and it is just a time to have a really nice dinner together, then to spend some time blessing your child as they get ready to go out into the world. We got Laura and Lindy a music box that you can use to put jewelry or special letters and memories in. We wrote a letter to them telling them how special they are to us and what our prayer is for them and we put it in the box. After dinner, each family blesses their child by reading their letters and praying over their child. It was very sweet and memorable. Plus it was snowing outside and it was just gorgeous!




I can't get over how much it is snowing here tonight. On our way home the snow was blowing sideways and just in a couple of hours, it seemed like we had gotten at least 2-3 inches. School hasn't been called off yet, but I'm sure it will be. I think tomorrow there might be enough to really have fun sledding and building snowment, etc!

10 comments:

  1. What a special dinner. That is so nice! I wish our snow storm would have waited another day so I could be off tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing here in Clayton yet and I'm getting doubtful. The blessing dinner is such a sweet idea and I'm sure there were plenty of tears in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to honor the seniors. I CAN'T believe the girls are so close to graduation. Doesn't the school year just fly by???

    How'd you make it through reading your letter - I would've bawled my eyes out reading a letter like that to my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Betsy,
    Just heard we have tomorrow off! Can you believe 3 snow days here? I love the pictures of the girls..sounds like a great evening. Enjoy tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BETSY THE SNOW LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.AND WHAT A LOVELY DINNER!HAVE A VERY BLESSED DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to do with families... I think kids need to really experience their parents showing & telling them their prayers for them... let them see a "behind the scenes" sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy...I would have been a blubbering MESS at that dinner. It sounds so special and so sweet.

    I'm going to a blessing shower next weekend for a dear, dear friend who is miraculously pregnant after 15 years of infertility. I'm afraid I'll be crying all day!

    WooHoo on your snow! I think ya'll have had more snow days than we have! ;) Exciting stuff, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish that I could come here you sing in the choir ;). I just know you will be so good and fun to watch!

    We had 4 inches of snow but ours came in Sunday morning. It was just beautiful :)!

    I absolutely LOVE that your church has a Senior Banquet for those graduating. What a perfect way to prepare them for the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BETSY, PLEASE KEEP OUR FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS! I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO EXPLAIN, BUT YOU CAN CHECK MY BLOG. I HAVE TO LEAVR ASAP! HAVE A BLESSED DAY! FAYE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy weather you'd think you live in canada or something ha ha! What great dinner to have and what a nice place wow! Well hope you have a great day in the snow!ttys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)