Monday, March 9, 2009

Early To Rise...

This poem by Robert Louis Stevenson used to describe exactly how I felt about the time change when I was a little girl:



Bed in Summer
by Robert Louis Stevenson

In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?


Now I would like to change it to this:

And does it not seem so un-right,
When all the sky is dark as night,
And I should like so much to sleep,
I have to wake before dawn peeps???!!!!

Today was rough... I am sooo tired! It's early to bed tonight. :) Did anyone else have a hard time waking up this morning??

10 comments:

  1. Thank goodness I was off work today. Didn't want to get up also. It's early to bed for me tonight as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,
    I'm so glad that we have daylight longer but whew it makes me tired too.

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's just say that it took lots and lots of coffee this morning to get me moving. ;)

    That picture is SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Betsy. Today was tiring! Hope you get some good rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The time change is always tricky! I miss my hour of sleep BUT I love the extra hour of SUNSHINE :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still dying today... maybe tomorrow will be better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet poem! So true. Oh, to have childhood back.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I am right there with you! I am dragging, too. I hit the "snooze" THREE times this morning and that's something I never do.

    I'm headed to bed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girlie! I love the new blog look!!!!

    I am dragging this week too... the time change kicks my booty and for some reason it just seems SO hard to go to work when it's still dark outside!! I sure do LOVE some late summer nights when it's still light at 8:30 though!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've nailed it....maybe the times change is what is making me so sleepy this week!

    I'm playing blog catch up once again...Your house is beautiful with snow. I cannot believe this weather we are having as well. It was 85 one day and today it is in the 40s. Your dog was adorable!!! He reminds me of how our beagle acts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)