Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ailments

Well, my cold is unfortunately still here. I haven't been able to sleep very well because I am so stopped up, so I took some Nyquil last night and that did the job!


That is the worst tasting stuff, though! Yuck! Today, however, I pretty much lost my voice. Not a good thing for a teacher! I was squeaking to my class all day. They were sweet to try and be as quiet as they could.

And since we're talking about my ailments (haha)...for the past few weeks, I have been having a really bad toothache on one of my back teeth.


So last week I went to the dentist and he told me my tooth was cracked. I had a filling in that tooth when I was little and I think it just got weaker and weaker over the years. He told me I needed to get a crown put on it, so I made an appointment for Thursday to do that. (Crowns are so expensive, by the way!) But this morning when I was eating my cereal, I felt something hard in my mouth and I looked and half my tooth broke off!!! So all day today I have had this empty spot in my mouth and a jagged tooth in the back. Anything hot or cold on it really hurts! But I am just going to wait until Thursday to get it fixed. Crazy!

12 comments:

Jacquie said...

Oh, Betsy, that's just awful! You are ailing!!

I just had the first step of a crown last week... $400!!

I hope you can hold out alright until Thursday. Hang in there.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Not even sure how I found your blog, but am so glad that I did. I love it and will be back often.

Stop by my blog for a visit.

Though I am relativity new to blogging, I am loving all my new friends.

I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE.
I have a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years.

From the comments I have already received, appears to be something a little different and something anyone could use.

I have been so touched by the comments that I have decided to give 2 boxes . They will be the $100 deluxe size.

I really do want to bless people!!! I want my blog to encourage others. I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be Saturday!

Kellie DeLange said...

So sorry you aren't feeling the greatest. Hopefully, it will pass and you will get your voice back. I have taught without a voice before. It's not very fun.
Sorry about your tooth! I once had a whole filling get stuck in some candy and come out, but never part of a tooth.

Rebecca Jo said...

Dang it...

& having 6 crowns in my mouth, I know how they hit the wallet!!!

And hopefully, with it tearing more, you wont need a root canal - if its too far down & your nerve is that exposed - I bet they'll want to do that... believe me, I'm the pro at teeth problems!!!

Melissa said...

Oh I hate anything with my teeth!! What a mess! I hope your kids continue to be good while you're sick...losing your voice is the worst for a teacher. Hope you feel better soon!

Megan L Hutchings said...

OH MY!!! It sounds like you have had a rough couple of days. I hope that you start to feel better soon and that your tooth does not give you too much trouble!!!

Lacy said...

Even though I am married to a dentist, I despise going to the dentist, and especially painful procedures!! I am so sorry to hear about your tooth Betsy!! And I take the Nyquil pills, that way I don't have to taste that gross stuff!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Faith said...

Betsy, I'm so sorry! I hope you are feeling much better soon!

Becky said...

Poor Betsy.....bless your heart, what a week you're having. Just look on the bright side....next week's gotta get better!

Meagan said...

OUCH!!! There is NOTHING worse than a toothache! I hope you feel better soon (cold AND mouth)!!!! Praying for you girl!

Meagan said...

FYI: I have *almost* every song on your playlist on my Ipod! I just thought that was so funny! I heard a song when I logged on today that caused me to scroll to your playlist to see who the artist was and as I looked through I realized how similar our taste in must must be! :-)

Deidre said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, Betsy! Hang in there .... keeping thinking about your upcoming trip. I would be THRILLED to be facing that soon :)