Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Weekend

I have had the best Valentines Day weekend! Friday was a fun day at school. My class loved their party and it was so simple! They just had fun eating lots of sugar and opening their cute cards. They were so sweet to give me boxes of chocolate hearts and precious little cards. I love them!

Cupcakes

Not just cupcakes...Peeps, too!

Remember these?? Fortune tellers! Isn't it funny that second grade girls still love them?




Looking in their Valentines bags to see what they got...






Steve took me out to dinner Friday night at Bonefish Grille. We got their Bang Bang shrimp for an appetizer. Then we split an entree. Even with just that, we were about to pop! It was fun.

Saturday we got up early and I made blueberry muffins with a big bowl of red strawberries to go with them. I gave my girls some cute underwear from Victoria's Secret and a Starbucks card. Mark got candy and a Barnes and Noble gift card. Then we headed out to Ashley's day of trying on wedding dresses.

We went to two stores...J Majors and Poffy Girls. She tried on so many. I think I took over 70 pictures! Here are a few. She didn't want me to show you a front view (even though you can see the front reflection in the first picture) in case she picks one of these! :) But you get the idea.







She looked so pretty. I know I will probably cry when she walks down the aisle in one of these gorgeous dresses.

We went to lunch together at Jason's Deli while we were out.


When I got home from my day, Steve had bought me these beautiful pink roses




and he told me he was taking me out for dinner even though we hadn't really planned on it. Laura and Lindy were having a party at our house with about eight girls, so he thought we should just go hang out somewhere for a little while. We ended up going to Brio's Italian restaurant and just getting appetizers and a salad and chatting together.

I am very blessed to have such a sweet husband. We have been together for almost 30 years if you can believe that!! We started dating when we were both 15 years old. And he has always been so thoughtful and sweet. He never lets a birthday or a Valentine's Day go by without showing me and telling me how much he loves me. I LOVE HIM! :)

17 comments:

MiMi said...

It looks like you had an absolutely perfect Valentine's weekend! From the cupcakes at school all the way to dinner at Brio's!

What a special time with Ashley trying on wedding gowns! I remember doing that with Faith and, trust me, when she tries on "THE" dress you will both know it! She is going to be such a beautiful bride! Glad you took lots of pictures.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Jacquie said...

What a great Valentine's weekend!

I can't wait to see how the wedding plans progress. Ashley will make a BEAUTIFUL bride!!

Becky said...

I can't get over how much Ashley looks like you! Can't wait to see which dress she picks out. It really won't matter though....because she will be gorgeous in whichever she chooses.

What a sweetie you have....the rose are beautiful!

Ginger said...

Ashley looks just beautiful! Do you remember doing that? It was so much fun. What a great weekend to begin looking for the perfect dress. Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's weekend. The flowers are just beautiful. :)

Melissa said...

Looks like you had an fabulous Valentine's! Question- I noticed that you wrote the children's names on their desks...what do you use and how do you get it off? I like that idea better than name plates.

Kayla said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I can't wait to try on dresses one day!! Ashley looks beautiful! Can't wait to see her wedding pictures!!!!

petrii said...

Betsy,
WOW What a fun weekend!!! Ashley is going to be a beautiful bride. How in the world will you ever pick which dress. She looks beautiful in the all!!

Have a Blessed and wonderful week,
Dawn

Lacy said...

Dress shopping with Ashley looked like so much fun! She looks SOOO gorgeous! Enjoy this special time together. :)

Heather said...

You and your husband sound so cute! What a great story of lasting love! I can't wait to see what dress your daughter chooses.

Angie said...

What a great v-day weekend!!

Kyla said...

I found my way over here through Kayla's blog and I just wanted to stop and say hi! It looks like you had a great Valentine's weekend and have such a cute family :)

Cheri said...

omg, i love cupcakes! I wish i can bake!

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a wonderful weekend with your sweet husband and sweet family ;)! I absolutely LOVE Bonefish Grille's bang bang shrimp...YUMO!!

I am so excited that Ashley is in the trying on phase of wedding planning! It was my favorite time ;)!

Faith said...

Loved everything about your weekend. Ashley looks gorgeous in all of those dresses. What a beautiful bride she will be, and yes, you will cry!!

Meagan said...

What a great valentine's weekend!! I think I would have cried watching Ashely try on wedding dresses... she is so beautiful!! And... bang bang shrimp is THE BEST! Don't know if you do martinis, but if you do their pomagranite (sp?) martini is THE BEST THING EVER!

Christal said...

What a perfect weekend ! What beautiful dresses she is so beautiful!! Your class looked like they had fun too.

Meredith said...

This sounds like a perfect weekend! Did you make those cupcakes? They look so perfect!

Wedding dress shopping!!!! I remember going with my mom. What a special memory.