Monday, February 23, 2009

Three Things

Just three things today...

1-Today was the beginning of Teacher Appreciation week at school. It was flower day so my kids each came in carrying one or two flowers for me and my assistant. This is the beautiful bouquet I ended up with.


I love fresh flowers! Five of my students were absent today! Obviously there is something going around. I hope I don't get it!!


2-Did you watch the Oscars last night? I didn't watch much...I watched the Amazing Race instead. But I was so glad Slumdog Millionaire won so many awards. That was a great movie I thought. I saw the cute kids that were in the movie being interviewed by Ryan Seacrest and I thought they were precious!


3-A few weeks ago I ordered Cooking Light magazine and I got my first one today! It has lots of really yummy looking recipes in it, so I am looking forward to trying some of them out. Trying to keep my family healthy! :)



That's all for me today. My goal is to get to bed early tonight and get the new week off on the right foot. I hope you all have a great week!!

15 comments:

tardevil said...

Your flowers are beautiful!

MiMi said...

You sure ended up with a beautiful bouquet of flowers! I am sorry to hear that you had 5 students out today. I think there is definitely something going around. I will say a prayer that you stay healthy!

Hope you get in bed early and get a good night's rest! Have a great week, Betsy!

Heather said...

We've had a bunch of students out at my school too! Please share any good recipes from that cooking light! I bought a best of cooking light cookbook a year ago and love all the recipes I have tried. They don't even taste "light" at all!

Becky said...

What a beautiful bouquet. I love fresh cut flowers!

I forgot to watch the Amazing Race and have no clue who had to leave.

Hope you get to bed early tonight...I'm extra tired and hope I get turned in early.

Melissa said...

I love Teacher Appreciation week!!

Ginger said...

Hey Betsy,

I'm with you...love those beautiful flowers. They made my room smell so fresh today. Didn't watch the Oscars last night, but my favorite movie won! Yea!

petrii said...

Betsy,
Your flowers are just beautiful!! How sweet of all the students to each bring in a flower or two.

I really like Cooking Light Mag. I used to get it several years ago. They have some good recipes.

Hope you stay well.

Have a Blessed week,
Dawn

Kelly said...

Happy Teacher appreciation!!! You deserve those pretty flowers!

Jacquie said...

Sweet students!!

My sister has been trying out some recipes from Cooking Light. So far, she's loved them. I may have to subscribe.

I, for one, am so grateful for teachers like you who love children and dedicate themselves to their profession.

Nancy said...

Your flowers are beautiful. What sweet students you have! I hope you stay well. Do you know what the five children have?

Faye said...

YOUR FLOWERS ARE BEAUTIFUL!YOUR STUDENTS LOOK SO SWEET.HAVE A VERY BLESSED DAY!

Michele said...

Isn't Teacher Appreciation Week the best?!?! I always loved it as a teacher, but it's a lot of fun on the parent end too!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Trust me that if you were my teacher I would give you tons of flowers :)! I just know you are a GREAT teacher!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I too love fresh flowers... those are beautiful!!!

Meagan said...

Hey! I just ordered Food and Wine the other day.... we'll both have to share some good recipes! ;-)

I love your fresh flowers... Happy Teacher Appreciation week!!!