Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spoiled

So the spoiling continues...it is still Teacher Appreciation Week and today I got these GORGEOUS peach roses from a sweet little girl in my class.


Yesterday we had a luncheon and the PTA made all kinds of delicious salads for us. We had volunteers come and watch our class so that we could have a leisurly lunch and enjoy ourselves for a few minutes.

One of the things we had was a really yummy mango salsa. I got the recipe and I made it tonight for dinner. I made talapia and had it on the side and it was sooo good!


I thought I would share the recipe with you!

Mango Salsa

1 mango, peeled and sliced (make sure it's ripe!)
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small green or red pepper, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup Italian Dressing
1 T. lime juice
2 t. chopped cilantro
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. hot sauce

Combine all ingredients and serve with tortilla chips.


Tonight I left out the black beans, chili powder, and hot sauce since I was putting it with fish. But it is just as delicious with everything in it and served with chips!

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the week! I hope you have a great Friday!!

11 comments:

Becky said...

You are really getting spoiled this week! I'm soooo glad you are giving us this recipe, I've been wanting it for a long time. It really looks easy.

I'm overnighting in your neck of the woods tomorrow night. How far do you live from Raleigh?

Have a wonderful weekend.

Melissa said...

You definitely are getting spoiled! Thanks for that recipe. It sounds delicious!

Jacquie said...

Judging from the looks of things... you must be the BEST teacher!! Your class really appreciates you.

The recipe looks yummy!

Have an awesome Friday!!

Ginger said...

Hey Betsy,
Can't wait to try the salsa recipe this weekend. I'm just catching up with reading posts from the last couple of days...love your post about Lent! I couldn't agree more. It is a frame of mind and way of life..keeing the focus.

Heather said...

what a delicious recipe! Thank you for sharing :)

Meagan said...

YOU have a good Friday! That salsa sounds yummy!! I hope your weekend's great!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my goodness... I dont know which one I like the best... the roses are gorgeous... but yummmm... that salsa looks AMAZING!! Leave it to me to like food over flowers! Enjoy the spoiling!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I hope your Friday is fantastic and you have a GREAT weekend ;)!

I love the yellow flowers!

Faye said...

BETSY,RECIPE LOOKS GREAT.GETTING SPOILED BUT IM SURE YOU ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!HAVE A BLESSED EVENING!

MiMi said...

I can't think of anyone that deserves to be spoiled more!

Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Lacy said...

Thanks for sharing the salsa recipe...I can't wait to try it out!!