Saturday, February 21, 2009

Doin' Nothin' All Day!

I finally made it to Saturday! This week has been extra long for me. I think I was a little over-booked. But today I am all about RELAXING!! I usually hate to waste a day doing pretty much nothing, but I am not going to feel guilty about it one bit today. This morning, Steve and I went out to breakfast and finally got a chance to talk over some coffee, eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns.


Then we headed over to Super Wal-Mart and got our shopping done. Since then, I've been catching up on magazine reading and watching all my Ti-Vo'd shows. I even snuck in a little nap in between Jon and Kate Plus 8 and Giada's Weekend Getaways! haha

Laura and Lindy went to Columbia this weekend to spend the weekend with Ashley. And it looks like Steve is going to be out tonight with some friends, so I am thinking I might order out (there is a little Thai place near by that is sounding really good!) and getting a girly movie. We have Netflix and I love it. Last weekend we found out that if you have an X-Box, you can order movies online and play them instantly through the X-Box if you have a Netflix account! I tried to watch Nights In Rodanthe last night.


It is a Nicholas Sparks book made into a movie. But I coudn't stay awake and it was super-mushy...not really my type.

I am getting really excited because Steve booked our Spring Break plane tickets today. My girls and I are going to NYC together again. We did that a few years ago and had so much fun. So we decided to do it again this year! Mark has a different Spring Break, but Ashley has the same one we do since she is student teaching. We are going to see Jersey Boys...


and shop and eat at lots of yummy places. I LOVE New York! :) Yay!

Recently we got our February issue of Sports Illustrated. (Steve and Mark have a subscription.) I'm not crazy about this issue, but it got my attention because one of the main featured models is one of Ashley's friends from middle school!! Her name is Brooke Decker, but she goes by Brooklyn now. She is in full body paint in this Sports Illustrated edition. Pretty shocking!


She used to live on the next street over in the same neighborhood that my parents live in now. She is a top SI model and is totally living the life of the rich and famous these days. I think she is still engaged to Andy Roddick. But every time I see her, I think of her as a little middle school girl with a gap between her front teeth and about taking Ashley over to hang out at her house! She has come a long way!

12 comments:

Michele said...

Hope you get lots of much needed rest! So exciting about your trip to New York ~ I can't wait to go back!

Becky said...

Isn't it great to have a lazy day ever once in a while. I know you are getting excited about your spring break with the girls.

Is Brooklyn the one adorning our newest airplane. I haven't seen it yet, but one of their models has been painted on one of our planes and in a bikini no less!

Jacquie said...

I love a good lazy day - especially after a wild week!!

How funny that you know an SI model. She's beautiful.

Melissa said...

Newy York for Spring Break sounds so fun! I hope you enjoyed your lazy day!!

Meagan said...

I am TOTALLY with you on the chill, catch up on Tivo'd shows, and relaxing this weekend!!!

I am TOTALY with you on LOVING NYC! It's so great, so fun, so big, and I am SO envious of you and your girlfriends! I can't wait to hear all about and see tons of pictures. I heard that show is GREAT

Last... I am TOTALLY with you on Nicholas Spark stuff being overly mushy! I am ALL ABOUT a chick flick, but his stuff is just TOO sappy! :-)

Hope you weekend was as fabulous as you are!!!

petrii said...

Betsy,
Days like this are so fun!! I wondered about that movie -- to mushy -- good to know.

A fun trip to New York, how GREAT!!!

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

MiMi said...

Hope you caught up on some much-needed rest!

We have a new little Thai place near us and it has become one of my favorite places to go. Everything I have tried has been yummy!

How fun that you know an SI model! What a beautiful girl!

Hope you have a great week

Stacy F. from Arkansas said...

I found your blog through some others and I wrote you a comment last week about us having a lot in common. Your blog is lots of fun! My daughter and I are also going to NYC during spring break..we went a couple of summers ago and just LOVED it. I hope ya'll have a GREAT time.
Stacy Featherston
Searcy, AR

Megan L Hutchings said...

There is nothing better than a relaxing weekend ;)! I am so glad you had some quiet time with your hubby.

I AM SO EXCITED AND JEALOUS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO NYC!!! You could absolutely stuff Meag and I in your suitcase if you like :)! It should be SO BEAUTIFUL this Spring!

Kellie DeLange said...

NYC sounds like so much fun! I have never been and have always wanted to go. Can't wait to hear about your trip!!
I love lazy weekends!!

Christal said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! I am so excited and jealous about your nyc trip how fun!! I've always wanted to go there someday. Funny that we watched nights... on sat night it is kind of sappy but by the end I didn't mind it wasn't my favorite or anything! Hope you have a great week!! ttys

Alise Nettles said...

NYC! Fun! I might have to get you to pick me up a new purse! haha! I remember our conversation about both of our adventures into the "back rooms!" See you soon!