Friday, February 6, 2009

Dinner Groups and Snuggies

Tonight was the first night for our Sunday School Dinner Groups. We only had two other couples in our group who could go, but that worked out great. I really enjoyed it being only the six of us because I feel like you can get to know the other couples more that way.

We went to Bricktops again since Steve and I liked it so much the last time we went. We have something in Charlotte called The Queen's Feast (since Charlotte is named after Queen Charlotte). Restaurants who participate offer an appetizer, entree, and dessert for only $30. Bricktops is part of this, so that's what we did. So, we basically ate like pigs and practically waddled out of there.

The two couples we went with are so sweet and so much fun. We had the best time hanging out with them!


I have got to tell you something funny that happened to me this week. (It's kind of long...so bear with me.) Have you ever seen those blankets called Snuggies?


Well, around Christmastime, Ashley decided that she wanted one and so did my nephew. Since I was ordering one for them, Laura and Lindy decided they wanted one, too. So I went online to order them. After I checked what I wanted, I entered my credit card number and thought the next page would show me a subtotal so I could see everything I had purchased before I "clicked" to place my order. However, this didn't happen.

I entered my credit card number and the next page said, "Thank you for your order. Your total was $164.00" WHAT????!!!!! Oh my gosh...what in the world is that for??? How do I go back and undo this order??? I even called the Snuggie number several times, but it rang and then I was disconnected. I was SO MAD . I called my bank to see if I could stop payment, but they said I would have to wait until I got the order then I could send it back and get credit put back on my card. Oh...and guess what??? The last page told me the order would take 6-8 weeks to process!!! So they wouldn't even be there for Christmas!! There was really nothing I could do. I ended up getting my nephew something different and I actually forgot about the whole thing.

Anyway...guess what was sitting on my front porch in a big box this week when we got home?? Yep...SNUGGIES! Eight of them. Why I got eight, I don't know. But now my whole family can dress up like monks! Steve and I were laughing so hard. We both put them on and walked into Lindy's room and she died laughing. Is that crazy or what???

14 comments:

  1. You need to take a family portrait of everyone in the Snuggie... how weird would that be!!! It'll make a great Christmas card for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to church but haven't yet connected with a small group. I know we need to for that intimate connection, but it is so hard for me to take the step and I don't know why. Your post made me realize I just need to try one!

    And that is so funny about the Snuggies! There was a post on Beth Moore's blog about those recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an idea for the snuggies...let's wear them for planning day when we go out to lunch!! We could possibly make the style section of the paper or team picture for the yearbook. What a hoot! Great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious... I am making snuggies for my family tomorrow! haha. I LOVE them, hope you love yours too! All 8 of them! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will buy one of them from you...really! I was getting ready to order one. Shoot me an email. conoil@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should wear them to church Sunday! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny you guys always have so much fun no matter the situation! Hope you like all 8 of them making the best out of it at least you'll be warm and cozy eh! ttys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Besty,
    Okay so I totally want to see a pic of you and Steve walking into Lindy's room in your Snuggies!!! Too funny!! Have you went to the LPM blog lately and seen BMoore's Slanket? Real close to a Snuggie =) Let me know how you like it. I may want to order one, or eight =)

    Have a Blessed day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word!! That might be one of the funniest Snuggie stories I've heard. I agree, we need a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously? 8 Snuggies?!?! That is too funny! Seems kind of shady that they don't offer a sub total and shipping info and all that BEFORE you make your final purchases! :-) I would LOVE to see a photo shoot in the snuggies! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. please post the picture of the snuggie! That is so funny. I looove blankets and think this may be the most unusual/funny/practical invention ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the funniest story about the Snuggies! My husband told me just today that I needed one of those because I am always cold! Maybe I should just buy one from you instead of ordering off of TV! lol

    I'm thinking we definitely need a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA HA!! I had the best laugh at the Snuggie story! I have been DYING for a Snuggie, but Jay makes so much fun of me for wanting one, it might be tough to "enjoy" wearing it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a family picture of everyone in a Snugie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That doesn't say MUCH GOOD at all about placing an order through that site. You handled it much better than I would have!!

    Your family gets a laugh out of everything... so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)