Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dear Winter...

I have enjoyed spending time with you this year. You really aren't as bad as your reputation suggests. Without you I would have missed out on lots of fun things.


First of all, Christmas just wouldn't be the same without you. Cold, wintery weather and the holidays just go hand in hand!


And you know how much I love a good cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows, but it's only good when you're around.


I really can't think of anything better than sleeping under cozy blankets on a cold night.


And I love a warm bubble bath, a crackling fire, and a good hearty soup when your frosty touch is outside.


Best of all you brought me two wonderfully unexpected SNOW DAYS this year! Thank you so much! Granted, the snow was a little sparse, but it served its purpose and I got to enjoy a few days at home.



Despite all the good times we've had, Winter, I know it's a little early, but I think I am just about ready to say "goodbye" to you. I hate to say this, but I am done with the bone chilling cold! I hope it won't be long until I can say a warm and happy "hello" to your younger sister, Spring!


I will be looking for you again next year, though, right around December! Take care and until then...thanks for everything!!!

14 comments:

  1. What a cute post! I am very ready for spring. I don't like the cold weather like I used to and only like the snow for one or two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for Spring... That last picture just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin forward to warm weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ready for some warm weather, too! Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh amen!!! Enjoyed it - ready for it to go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more! Enough is enough loved this post you are awesome and always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't have said it any better myself. What a sweet way to wish in the Springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute post! I think I am more ready for spring than anyone. We have been up to our noses in snow (and still are) for the past few months. I can't wait to see the grass again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so ready for Spring and all the happiness that surrounds it ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT post!!! And I second everything you said! We've warmed up into the sixties today and I can't help but hope that the groundhog was wrong and that this weather is fast on it's way to becoming the norm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Betsy! Great post. Spring weather is looking and sounding really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Besty,
    Amen sista'!! It was about 64 today and suppose to be warm here for several days. YAY!!!

    Have a Blessed weekend,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)