Sunday, February 8, 2009

Awards and Recognitions

Well, I have just been totally honored recently by two of the sweetest people ever. Both Dawn and Jacquie have awarded me with this "Friends" award. I appreciate it so much.


This is what the award is for:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find friends and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly- written text into the body of their award."


Since this is a "Friends" award, I would like to pass it along to a few sweet girls who are my real life friends and who have really great blogs!

Ginger
Kellie
Kelley
Lacy
Nancy
Alise

I hope you all enjoy this award like I did! :)

I also have to do a little bragging tonight. Laura won third place in the Queen City Optimist essay contest this week! She is a talented writer and writes for her high school's literary magazine. She gets to go present her essay on "The Power of Youth" at a luncheon being held in her honor soon! And Lindy got the great news that she was accepted this week from two of the schools she applied to...University of North Carolina at Charlotte and East Carolina University. She and Laura both are still waiting to hear from other schools they applied to, but they are excited about the ones they have already heard from!

Today I did a little Valentine's Day shopping. I got some cards for my family...


And I got some fun stuff for my class. We are going to do some graphing with conversations hearts so I got lots of those...



I got some cute cards for my kids, but I also saw this Fun Dip and had to get it. I used to LOVE these when I was little! :)



And while I was at Wal-Mart, I saw this magazine. Have you ever heard of it? I was curious so I got it. I'm interested to read it tonight!


Steve and I are still trying to decide what to do for Valentine's Day. What are your plans??

8 comments:

Ginger said...

Thank you Betsy...You are so sweet! I can't wait to share with someone else. Congratulations to Laura. What an honor! I know you are so proud.

Jacquie said...

Wow! Good for Laura. I'm wondering about whether the girls will want to go to the same college. That'll be interesting.

I haven't seen the Purpose Driven magazine.

Kellie DeLange said...

Thanks Betsy!!! You are such a sweet friend!! I feel so honored...Congrats to Laura!! Can't wait to hear all about her luncheon.

Megan L Hutchings said...

Congratulations to your girls for all of their BIG accomplishments :)! What an exciting time in their lives!!!

I LOVE fun dip too!

Meagan said...

Congrats on the award... you deserve it, be proud! And speaking of proud, both of your girls should be!! They seem like such intelligent and driven young women!!

As for Valentine's day plans... I'll be doing something SO romantic... going to ANOTHER basketball tournament game with my cheerleaders! Ha!!

Heather said...

Oooh thank you for reminding me to buy some Sweethearts! I also do the graphing thing with them as well! Have a very happy Valentine's Day!

Holly said...

Those Valentines are so CUTE! I wish it was more popular here in NZ!

Holly said...

That magazine looks like a good one! I'll have to look at Walmart the next time I go. Zach and I have a tradition on V-day that I like. I don't like all the pressure there is to buy gifts for each other, so we just pick out a movie to buy and then we watch it together.