Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

I'm not Catholic or liturgical...I'm just good ole' Southern Baptist so I've never really observed Lent in a formal way. But I love the idea of a season that prepares your heart for Easter. Even though I won't be getting ashes on my forehead or formally giving anything up for 40 days, I will be thinking about and focusing on the sacrifice that Jesus made for me from now until Easter (and hopefully every day)! I don't take that sacrifice lightly and I think this whole season is so holy and special and meaningful!

5 comments:

  1. I agree! I am Catholic and I always love going to the Ash Wednesday service. I love the picture you found. BTW, I read your blog about the Sunday school dinner groups. How does that work? I would like to start that at my church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that we would all live every day with that kind of focus...

    ReplyDelete
  3. From this Catholic gal's heart...that means a lot! This is by far my favorite time in the liturgical calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN BETSY.I ENJOYED YOU SHARING THAT.WE ALL SHOULD BE THINKING THAT WAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)