Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Well, I haven't been observed yet. I keep thinking every day that my assistant principal could walk in, but nothing so far. I am ready to get that over with! But today was a good day at school.

It was Wonderful Wednesday (hosted by the third grade teachers). That is always fun because we get to have a HUGE spread of yummy food. The theme this month was "Game Day", so we had two kinds of chili, lots of dips, cheese balls, pasta salad, brownies, etc....That is my kind of eating!

It was also Class Picture Day. Remember those where the whole class gets a picture together? I have several pictures that look just like this...haha!



I told them yesterday to "Dress To Impress" and they did. There is nothing cuter than kids dressed up in their argyle sweaters, hair bows, and shiny shoes!

Plus it was a little boy in my class's birthday today, so his mom brought donuts for the class first thing this morning and she brought me a hot cup of coffee to go with it! That was so nice! :)


I saw this today from the Family Dynamics Institute and it was soooo cute, I just had to share it with you! It was marriage quotes from kids.


Question: How do you decide who to marry?

"You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming." -Alan, age 10

"No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with." -Kristen, age 10

Question: What is the Right Age to Get Married?

"Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person forever by then." -Camille, age 10

Question: How can a stranger tell if two people are married?

"You might have to guess based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids." -Derrick, age 8

Question: When is it okay to kiss someone?

"The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do." -Howard, age 8

I just love kids!

8 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha that is sooo funny!! I just love kids!!

    All that food sounds delish!!!

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! Too cute. Wonderful Wednesday was great today. Good food..good times at PSE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quotes! Kids are the funniest people ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you'll be glad to get your observation over with! Yummy Dunkin Donuts.....they are my favorite, but we don't have them in Arkansas. My very favorite is chocolate cake donuts with chocolate icing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have all my old class group pictures from the 70s. Is that yours or Steve's 3rd grade picture? I tried to find you and wasn't sure. (My guess was front row, third from left.)

    That was a Wonderful Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like a great teacher I am sure all the kids love you! :) Ahh... too bad we can't just keep them small forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm helping with the Wonderful Wednesday at the end of the month at our school - thanks for the great ideas!

    I know your observation will go great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so precious!!!

    It sounds like your school really knows how to treat the teachers :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)