Sunday, January 25, 2009

So Much To Think About

I told you yesterday that I would try to get you up to date on Ashley's wedding plans. Well, let's see...

Ashley and John have confirmed the date of November 7th. That worked out best with Ashley's teaching schedule since it will be close to fall break. Plus that weekend this past fall was absolutely gorgeous, so I'm hoping it will be just as pretty next year on that same weekend!

Since it is a fall wedding, she is looking at all the beautiful fall colors to use in the wedding for dresses and flowers, but all those choices haven't been made yet. She has really been focusing mostly on getting a reception location nailed down and I think she found a place today!

There was a Bridal Show downtown today and she went with Laura and Lindy and one of her good friends, Michelle.


They had so many ideas there and she took lots of pictures and got tons of information on everything from cakes to invitations to bands to photographers. But while she was down there, she looked at this location. It's called The Atrium and it looks really pretty when it is decorated for a wedding reception. We would have the wedding at our church, then go downtown for the reception.


She loved it and I think she is calling tomorrow to get it reserved.


This is one of the cakes she saw today at the Bridal Show and really liked (the one in the middle).


This is alot like what she wants so she got the name and number of this bakery so she can call for more information.

There is still alot to do, but Ashley is very organized. She's got ideas in mind for invitations and centerpieces and dresses, etc. Even though there is so much to do, we still have plenty of time, so I don't want her to get stressed out. She is a very busy girl right now with her student teaching. We will just take it one day at a time!

11 comments:

Becky said...

Betsy; I hope you and Ashly have as much fun planning her wedding as my girls and I did planning theirs. We NEVER not once had a disagreement about any of the plans.

The Atrium looks like a fantastic place to have a wedding! The middle cake is beautiful.

Becky said...

Sorry I mispelled Ashley's name :(

Jacquie said...

Oh, how exciting!!! That wedding cake is beautiful and the Atrium looks so nice.

It sounds like Ashley has a good handle on things - that'll sure help reduce her stress! Enjoy the process.

Melissa said...

The Atrium looks like it would be a gorgeous place to have a wedding!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

How exciting!

That place looks beautiful! As does the cake. As does the bride!

I bet it will all come together beautifully!

Lauren said...

Oh, how fun! What a beautiful place for a reception! I have always thought fall weddings are so beautiful!

Alise Nettles said...

YEAH! So glad you decided on a date! Now the fun begins!!!
By the way...I have already been checking Harper's blog and updates! My friend Katy found her blog and we read the entire thing over the weekend (we are together at her place in charleston while the guys are still on their ski trip). See you at church next sunday!

Rebecca Jo said...

ohhh - there is nothing like planning a wedding... so much fun! I was married at the end of October & think fall is the best time for a wedding!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I have loved reading about all of the wonderful things your kiddos have been up to ;)!

I still can't believe that Laura & Lindy got to be a part of something so incredibly special. HOW NEAT!!!

Please tell Ashley I am so excited for her. It brings back so many warm, happy feelings. It is going to be a beautiful wedding!!!

Christal said...

How exciting getting ready to get it all planned we are in the middle of that here my sister is getting married in april!
The atrium looks so pretty ! and the cake is beautiful too~! How fun! She will be a beautiful bride!

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so sorry that place was already booked, but that just means she will find somewhere else that is even more perfect! I LOVE weddings. She is so lucky to have a mom like you to share the planning with!