Thursday, January 29, 2009

School Daze...

I guess it's because it is the end of the quarter that I have been so busy this week. I'm not sure what it is, but right now I finally have my feet up for what seems like the first time this week! It's been one of those late-home-from-school weeks that I really have been trying to avoid since the new year. I didn't do very well this week.

Yesterday afternoon I did take a break and our whole second grade team met right after school at Brio's restaurant just to hang out and have appetizers. We have such a sweet team of ladies. They are so much fun and we all get along really well. It was a rainy, dreary day and this restaurant has lots of couches and cushy chairs, so we just pulled those up in a circle and sat and ate and gabbed for a couple of hours. It was fun. Here are a few of us...three teachers weren't there yet when I took this picture.


Tonight we kept our niece, Bailey, for a little while just to give Britney a break. She was so cute. We took her to the pet store to look at the puppies and kitties and birds and fish. She was wide-eyed!


Then we took her out to dinner where she happily sucked on lemons all through dinner. (She LOVED them!) Then it was on to the toy aisle in Wal-Mart while I did a little shopping. She just talked up a storm and had the best time!

I watched the TiVo'd version of American Idol late last night. I've been trying to keep up with it. That is definitely the best way to watch it. You can watch in half the time! Anyway...I saw that Alan Osmond's son, David, was one of the contestants!


If you know me, you know what a big Osmond fan I was when I was growing up. So I hope he does well! I thought he really did have a good voice. Speaking of Osmonds, I heard Donny Osmond is going to be on the next Dancing With The Stars. I wonder how he will do??

And since we're talking about celebrity news...I heard on The View today that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is pregnant with her third baby. She is my favorite co-host on that show. She will have her hands full now since her baby is only a little over a year old!


Well, back to work now. This is the stack of papers I have sitting on my dresser waiting for me to grade them.


How did I get this behind??!! I think I'll bring them with me to bed and catch up on my TV watching while I get the job done!

16 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck tackling those papers! That looks like the stack I sit down to grade every Sunday evening!

Christal said...

wow that is a stack of papers! I am so loving AI ! I love the osmonds too and was excited to see him on there too! I always look forward to your posts you always have fun stuff! Have a great weekend!

jenkins_k08 said...

i just found your blog. i love it! i'm a twin too so I bet i could relate :) i have a identical twin sister. and also i love your layout, where did you get it, thats my favoriteeee verse

Meredith said...

Wow, I can't believe Elisabeth is going to have another baby! Aww! You know, my mom is a teacher and I remember when I was little I would watch her grade those papers like a machine! HA! It was something! Wish I could help you like I helped her sometimes!

Melissa said...

Elisabeth is my favorite cohost on The View. Of course I only get to watch when I'm off in the summer, but I love it!

petrii said...

Betsy,
WOW that is a stack let me tell ya!!!

I was so impressed with the Osmond contestant. I had no idea that any of Allen's children had MS as well.

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Megan L Hutchings said...

I always feel bad when I see a stack of papers that need to be graded. More than once I have helped Web tackle that ;)!

I hope that you get to relax a little this weekend and keep those feet up!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh, wouldnt that be fun to have an Osmond in the running!!! I'd vote for him!

Meagan said...

Hey girl! I love that you have a great group of teachers to work with... it makes all the difference in the world! I have a great group at school too and we go out quite a bit!

Look at all those papers! I absolutely HATE grading papers! It is my least favorite thing about my job. We do A LOT of trade-and-grade in the 7th grade, but yours are probably a little too young to do much of that! :-)

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Meagan said...

Hey girl! I teach one 6th grader at home because her mom home-schools and was struggling with social studies. lol... her mom cuts my hair and cleans houses, so we just trade services! :-)

Alise Nettles said...

WOW! That's a lot of grading! Those are the thing i don't miss!
See you at church tomorrow!

Leigh Ann said...

It's amazing how much you teachers have to do even after hours! You really do have one of the hardest jobs (and most important)!

I missed the Osmond contestant. I really wanted to see him. I love the Osmonds!

Julie said...

Sometimes I think when we make it a goal to not get behind, we just automatically do. At least I do! I hope you get some good rest soon!

I loved the young Osmond's audition. I hope he does really well too!! Have a blessed week Betsy!

p.s. I love the things you did with your niece. That's a great time user and entertainment!!

Martwork said...

I think it means Elizabeth's nanny will have her hands full!! Love your blog--keep up the great work!

Jacquie said...

Hi Betsy. I'm a little behind on my blog reading with my power out still. But, I came by to check on you. Sounds like you've been BUSY!

That Elizabeth H is adorable, isn't she? And I haven't caught up on my American Idol recordings, but I think that's so interesting that Alan Osmond's son is competing!! I used to LOVE the D&M show!!

Jessica said...

I'll be back to grading papers before I know it!! : )