Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rachel's Wedding

Today we drove to Beaufort, South Carolina to attend Ashley's roommate, Rachel's wedding. It was such a sweet wedding and Steve and I both got a little teary when we watched her walk down the aisle, dance with her dad, and just so many things that we know are right around the corner for Ashley.

Ashley has been so blessed to live with such a close group of friends while she was in college. They have had the most fun together and have had so many great experiences. They love each other and have been there for each other through lots of ups and downs. It's hard to believe that it is all coming to an end, so they have been a little emotional over the past few days. I know they will still stay close, but it won't be quite the same.

We were glad that we got to be a part of Rachel's special day today. Here are a few pictures we took.



















Two other quick things...

1-Steve and I went to see the movie Slumdog Millionaire last night. It was so good!! It's not a movie that's in every movie theater. You kind of have to look for it. But if you have a chance, you should go. It was a great story!



2-And, have you heard the letter that the Bush twins wrote to Sasha and Malia Obama? It is just the sweetest thing ever. It almost makes me cry when I hear it. You should take a minute to listen to it when you have time. It is just very, very kind and thoughtful. (Just go over and turn the music off on my sidebar.)

12 comments:

tardevil said...

That was a nice post! I had wondered what the Bush daughters put in their letter. The letter from the Prez to his daughters in last weekend's Parade magazine was also very good.

Jacquie said...

That video was SO SWEET!! What a tribute to their father, as well.

Rachel was a beautiful bride!

Christal said...

What a beautiful letter! That was awesome. Love this post and pictures what a pretty bride. Also love the washington pictures and recap too what an awesome experience for the girls! Well have a great sunday!

MiMi said...

What a sweet wedding it looks like Rachel had. She was a beautiful bride. I love the picture of her and Ashley together. Beautiful bridesmaid dresses.

The letter from the Bush twins was just so sweet. Can you even imagine what it would be like growing up in such a magical place? You can really feel the love that they have for their Dad in that video. I think he is such a man of integrity!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Kelley said...

Betsy - Yes, I have a blog. You and Nancy inspired me. I love reading about your sweet family. DId you see my baptism post - it had pix of your dad!

Becky said...

WOW! The video brought tears to my eyes.....what a sweet tribute!

Looks like Steve and Mark were surrounded by alot of beautiful woman this weekend.

Holly said...

Looks like fun! I think that letter the Bush twins wrote is SO neat!! I may have to post it on my blod too! Thanks Betsy!!!

Ginger said...

The wedding pictures are beautiful! I know y'all had a great time. The letter made me cry...so sweet.

Meagan said...

That video just made me cry! LOL!!!!! I think that is so neat, I had not heard it, thank you for sharing!

Sounds like you had a great weekend! The wedding looked like a lot of fun. I know it's bitter-sweet getting ready to do that with your Ashley! I can't wait to hear about all her big plans!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I wish you knew how much I'm dying to see that movie. It's on at our independent theater until next weekend...I may have to go this week!

Great pics, Betsy!

Rebecca Jo said...

Weddings are so much fun... everyone looks beautiful!

Lacy said...

Betsy, I am so glad that you were able to come down for Rachel's wedding, and that we were able to meet in person. Not quite the way I had envisioned our meeting, ha ha! (Oh, and I am so sorry I missed meeting Steve, I was so busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off). I loved getting to spend so much time with Ashley, she is such a sweet, fun girl, and I can't wait to see her wedding come together! :)