Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Home

Well, my extra long weekend was so nice. I loved having Monday AND Tuesday off, thanks to MLK Day and a surprise snow day!!

Steve and I always have fun together. It was just us these past few days and we were loving it! We sure did stay busy. Sunday after church we went to lunch with some good friends. Then Monday night we used some gift certificates to a new restaurant called Brick Tops. It was delicious! I would definitely go back. I know we will since we have another gift card still to use!

Yesterday morning Rocky woke us up at 4:00 because he needed to go out. It was really snowing, so I turned on the TV to see if they had cancelled school yet, but there was no word. So I set my alarm for 5:30 and by then they had called school off. I turned off the alarm and rolled over and went back to sleep. Then Steve and I just stayed at home all day and watched the snow and the inauguration. We did take a break to go next door for a game of Mexican Dominoes with our neighbors. That's always good snow day fun!

Last night we went to dinner with my parents at one of our favorite places, PF Changs! Honestly, I really didn't want the fun to be over and have to go to school today.

But, today it was back to reality. Laura and Lindy are coming home tonight. I think that is always the best feeling!


It's so great to sleep in your own bed again and have a home cooked meal. I am fixing oven fried chicken with potatoes and green beans for them. And I've got a fire and a Christmas Cookie candle going. I am ready to put on my pajamas, too, and just enjoy being home.

13 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

How fun that you had an extra long weekend...

I LOVE the Christmas Cookie yankee candle! Oh my goodness. I could never get tired of that smell!

Kayla said...

Your page is SOOO cute!! For some reason, buttons are my new obsession!

Wow, yall got a lot of snow!! I really hope we get it at least once this year!! Gotta have a snowball fight with my love :)

Kayla said...

Oh yea, I had a Christmas Cookie Candle too...I burned that whole thing up in less than a month...It's sooo amazing!!!

petrii said...

Betsy,
I love long weekends with my hubs and being at home curled up.

Hope you have a GREAT night eating that delish supper!!!

Dawn

Ginger said...

Welcome Home! Enjoy your girls tonight. Supper sounds great.

Christal said...

what a perfect weekend you just made this the coziest post ever candles fire a home cooked meal and pj's and your girls coming home - Heaven! Enjoy it! ttys

Scrapper Mom said...

I hope I can always make my son feel at home when he comes back to visit. And your house is gorgeous!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Sounds like a perfect time at home... a yummy meal, wonderful smells of candles, jammies... can I come over? lol!

Michele said...

Hope your girls are home safely and had a wonderful trip!

Jacquie said...

That sounds like a FUN time with Steve. Y'all have more restaurants where you live... us small town folk have about 3 choices! ha!

Can't wait to hear about the girls DC trip.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that you got a beautiful snow and that you had a LONG weekend ;)! Please tell us all about the girls' trip. I bet they had the BEST time and how neat that they can share that with their children some day.

MiMi said...

I feel the same way about home! Honestly, the older I get, the more I really can't think of anywhere I would rather be!

Glad you got to have a nice long weekend!

Becky said...

Betsy....you and Steve sound just like Alvin and myself. I don't know of another soul I'd rather be around than him. We have a BLAST together. Shoot...we've been together so long that we finish each others sentences and even know what each other are thinking!