Monday, January 12, 2009

Home Groan

This was the headline in our paper yesterday and it totally describes how we feel!

Saturday night was such a big disappointment. :( We were all so excited for the game. It was a home game and we haven't lost a game at home all year. But I don't think I've ever seen the Panthers (or maybe any team) play that bad before!!! It was torture to watch. Our quarterback, Jake Delhomme, threw FIVE interceptions and had one fumble! What on earth??


Plus, it was raining, so that just added to the misery. I'm just glad I wasn't there.

Anyway...we did celebrate Steve's dad's 71st birthday that night. Everyone went over to Steve's mom and dad's to watch the game and have dinner.


Here is Lindy in her new Christmas scarf getting ready to go watch the game with her boyfriend. She celebrated the birthday with us for a while, then left at half time.


Mark and Lindy had fun hanging out even though the game was terrible.


Ashley's friend, Cammie, has been in Mexico for a month and flew into Charlotte Saturday night on her way back to Columbia, so she joined us, too! She is going to be in Ashley's wedding.


Everyone went back to school yesterday so our house feels pretty empty. We have loved having them home. I hope they have a great semester. Ashley will be doing her student teaching, so that is exciting!

Yesterday we went to lunch after church (Guess where?? How did you guess La Unica?!!) Then Steve went with me to get our grocery shopping done. It was almost like a little date to Super Wal-Mart! haha

When I got home I got all settled in on my bed and turned on a movie...Must Love Dogs.


If you've never seen it, it's really cute! Rocky was lying on the bed with me and he got so interested in the movie because it has dogs in it. I had to take a picture of him because he was so cute!


Laura and Lindy are at a meeting tonight about their trip to Washington next week. Did I tell you they get to go to the innauguration?? They are so excited! They leave next Sunday so they are getting lots of warm clothes and coats ready. It is going to be COLD! They even get to go to an innaugural ball! I will tell you more about it next week! I wish I could go!

8 comments:

  1. Oh fun ~~ to get to go to an inaugural ball ~~ do they have their dresses? That is just GREAT!! What an opportunity!!!

    So sorry about your beloved Panthers, but seriously, they just didn't show up. Sad.

    Have a GREAT week,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all - you blog looks so cute - I guess I haven't been on here in a couple of days!
    SO neat that the girls get to go to an inaugaral ball!!! I can't wait to see pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The inaugural ball!! What a deal.

    Rocky is so cute sitting there watching his movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of your cute dog watching the movie is adorable!

    I completely understand how you feel when your team looses!!! :) It just wasn't a good week and weekend for football.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your Panthers! Our beloved Titans lost too! I'm not very interested in the Super Bowl at this point!!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new look!!!

    And I have one of our doggies that LOVES to watch TV with any animal on it... she sits ready at attention just like your baby... oh their little fur-minds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this post is LOADED! First, I LOVE the new blog look - too cute! Second, Your game-day experinece sounded EXACTLY like mine! The Titans were at home, it was raining, I was so excited... and they played TERRIBLE... too many turn-overs and penalties - yuck! Next, Lindy looks ADORABLE in that little outfit - so trendy and cute. Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie Must Love Dogs and I also love that your little doggie like it too! :-) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say that I LOVE the new blog background. Very cute!!!

    The things that your children get to do are all so amazing. I can't imagine going to a ball...WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)