Friday, January 2, 2009

Game Night

I had to work today, but I got alot done in my classroom...mostly cleaning and organizing. I got to see a few friends who came in and Steve and I had lunch together, so that was nice.

Tonight was our annual Game Night at my mom and dad's. Both my brothers and their families come (except Bailey who had to go to bed too early to join us.) We have something different to eat every year. Last year we had wings and we've done pizza before, but tonight we had Mexican. (You can't go wrong with that in our family!) Lots of chili and homemade guacomole and black bean salsa, etc. Yum!

We started off playing charades then we divided into teams and played different board games like Taboo, Scattergories, Outburst, etc. The guys got a little competative there for a while (but all in good fun!) I love my family. We always have fun when we hang out together!

Lindy, Laura, Britney, and Brett

Blake, Brianna, Angie, and John

Brianna, Angie, and John in an intense game of Taboo!

Bryson, Dad, Ashley, and Brent playing Outburst

Brent and me with Brad

My mom, Ashley, Brad, Mark, and Steve are very into the game! :)



On the way home tonight I heard on the radio that John Travolta's 16 year old son died today. That is so sad. I hate to hear about anyone losing a child! That is heartbreaking.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time together. I love family outings!

    I just read about John Travolta's son. So sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about the stuff you guys all do together. Many families would love to spend the quality time together that y'all do!!

    I didn't hear that about John Travolta's son. I'll have to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time ~~ Dak and I LOVE to play games!!!

    I also heard about John Travolta's son. That is so very sad!!

    Have a Blessed weekend friend,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love games! Scattergories and Taboo are two of my favorites, I'll have to try outburst, I don't have that one!

    In response to your comment, the book Small Change is about a woman married to man who grew up in poverty and who keeps a TIGHT watch over family finances. He empties his pocket change each night and she begins taking a penny here and a dime there and eventually has her own savings account. It's about her discovery of having something of her own for her own pleasure and the positive things she does with the money. Mom's book group read it and said it was great, so with the start of my own brand new book group, I am going to read it and see what we think! I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Games and good food in the same night.

    I agree with you about the Travolta's - very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya'll have such a fun family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)