Thursday, December 18, 2008

Something To Make You Smile

Monday I took the day off to go Christmas shopping. I got up about 7:30, did some online shopping, then headed to the mall. I stayed gone until 9:00 that night and got most of my list done, but not all. I still have some left to do this weekend.

Tuesday night was Laura and Lindy's Chorus Concert. I always enjoy that and they did such a great job! I can't believe this is my last year to attend! :( I will really miss this part of the Christmas season since I have been going now for about eight years. (Ashley was in chorus, too.)

I think the craziness finally caught up with me yesterday. I felt sick all day...just achy and nauseaus. So I came straight home from school, got in the bed, missed my party last night for our second grade team, and slept it off. When I got up this morning, I felt sooo much better! Good thing, because tonight is Steve's office party!

Today at school was our class party and it was so nice. I just get so spoiled at this time of year by my sweet class. They are the best!

Anyway...my sister-in-law sent me something today that was so sweet I just thought I would share it and give you a little smile today. Isn't this adorable?

In a zoo in California, a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set of triplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately,due to complications in the pregnancy, the cubs were born prematurely and due to their tiny size, they died shortly after birth. The mother tiger after recovering from the delivery, suddenly started to decline in health,although physically she was fine. The veterinarians felt that the loss of her litter had caused the tigress to fall into a depression. The doctors decided that if the tigress could surrogate another mother's cubs, perhaps she would improve.After checking with many other zoos across the country, the depressing news was that there were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce to the mourning mother. The veterinarians decided to try something that had never been tried in a zoo environment. Sometimes a mother of one species will take on the care of a different species. The only orphans' that could befound quickly, were a litter of weanling pigs. The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in tiger skin and placed the babies around the mother tiger. Would they become cubs or pork chops?Take a look...you won't believe your eyes!!







12 comments:

  1. You've been busy, Betsy. You're just like the Energizer Bunny!

    I love those pictures of the tiger and the piglets!! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you braved the crowds and the weather for an entire day, but you go girl ;). Hopefully you will be able to finish the shopping this weekend.

    That story was so incredibly sweet! It is amazing how the love of a mother and the need to nurture does not stop at humans but extends everywhere.

    Glad you are feeling better ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better! I love this story...how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so cute!! What a neat story!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart! I know you are exhausted. I love the tiger/piglet story. I had to read it to Alvin. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG those pictures are adorable! So cute! What a sweet story.

    Glad that you are feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW you've been uber busy!!! Hope you get everything done this weekend so you can really enjoy CHRISTmas week. Are you off all next week or do you have to go on Monday?

    Those "tigers" are adorable.

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen those pictures - aren't they amazing! Love can conquer all!!!

    Glad you're feeling better! Enjoy the party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better! That story and pictures is just so PRECIOUS!! Have a great weekend and enjoy your Christmas break!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SO sweet... it DID make me smile!

    So glad you got most of your shopping done... you have been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how sweet. That is what I call pigs in blankets! lol

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reminds me of "The lion shall lie down with the lamb"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)