Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Grown-Up Christmas List

It has been so warm and humid here for the past few days that it hasn't seemed very Christmas-y. It has been more like March or April! But school is finally out and the temperature is dropping and I am really looking forward to this week.

Last night I had all my kids and my neighbors' kids sitting around my kitchen table just hanging out and playing Monopoly. Everyone is home from college and these kids have grown up with my kids. They feel like my own...so THAT made it feel like Christmas. Everyone back together again having fun! I wanted to take a picture, but my camera battery was dead. Here is a Christmas picture from last year of all my sweeties...



Steve and I got to go shopping together today. We went to lunch at Jason's Deli, then we spent the afternoon finishing up some things we still needed to do. It was a fun day since we weren't really on a schedule or pressured. We could just take our time and enjoy the day. I think I am just about totally done. Yay for that!!

Steve and I feel like we are so blessed. And I really have everything I could possibly need. But if I had to think of a few things I would LIKE for Christmas, I think I would put these things on my list:

I would like this cute coat...only in black.


I could always use some pashminas since I always borrow from my girls. :)


I love smell good stuff! This perfume smells sooo good to me!


And I would REALLLYY love someone to clean my house! That would be such a great treat right about now!



But there are probably two things I really want more than anything else (besides a cure for cancer and world peace, etc...):

One is for my kids to be happy. They ARE happy, but this time in their lives is so transitional. Between starting college, getting engaged, deciding on career paths, and just making their way in the world, I get overwhelmed sometimes with all that is going on with them. I have prayed for them since before they were born that they would grow up and find the things in life that they love to do and the person who God has picked out for them to spend the rest of their lives with. I know they will get there. You just have to ride out the bumps along the way. So, I hope that in the next year God will make all the paths clear.


And I would LOVE to have a slower pace this year. My life is extremely busy and sometimes it doesn't seem like I have enough hours in the day. Hopefully I can learn some ways to scale back and find a little more time to relax! :) That is a Christmas gift I need to give myself!


So...what's on your Christmas list this year??

7 comments:

  1. Your list and mine are not so very different! I TOTALLY agree with you on what you want for your family... I need a little help riding out the bumps along the way from time to time.

    On my material list of things I'd enjoy having? Practically, I'd put a new scanner/copier or a remote car starter on the list. If I were dreaming? I'd want a DSLR camera. That would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list and the coat is cute.. Is that from Old Navy? The green is cute too! Not too much on my list, just hope for a baby in 2009! Hope you have a great week and a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that one day I have a house full of kiddos like that ;). You are so incredibly sweet and I don't think you give yourself enough credit. When I start to get overwhelmed for some reason I always think about you and how you handle things. You should really write a book ;)!

    My Christmas list consists of moving into our home, a healthy baby, a good year for Vance as a two year old, and happiness in abundance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so out of touch and style. I do not know what pashminas are.

    I'm wanting a Write Plate for Christmas and like you I would like more time. I would also like clarity in thought and God's direction. Simple things to ask for, right??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Betsy,

    I'm taking a break from cleaning house right now so needless to say a clean house is on my wish list. I just "wish" that I wasn't the one doing it today! All kidding aside. I'm with you, that God would bring guidance and peace to all our teens while making those very important life decisions. My other wish and prayer is that families would have peace in their homes this Christmas. I think there are a lot of families right now facing many uncertain times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post! and love your christmas list I especially love what you want for your family awesome! You have great kids and you are great parents!!{ilove the coat too}

    ANd THANK you for the christmas card I got it today so cute!! Hope you have a very merry christmas and a happy new year!! Crazy that its going to be 2009! Wow!! ttys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)