Thursday, December 11, 2008

Faithful Friends Who Are Dear To Us Gather Near To Us Once More

Well, we just about built an ark and floated away today. It rained so hard all day long!! Since I am out in a trailer, I have to go in and out of the rain all day long. I tried to stay dry, but it was hard!

I came straight home from school and cooked dinner for a friend who has recently had open heart surgery. I made her some homemade potato soup with cheese, spinach salad, bread, and chocolate pie. I thought that sounded like good comfort food for a rainy day! :)


We dropped the food off on our way out to dinner with two couples who we have been friends with since high school, Scott and Cindy and Calvin and Connie.


Scott and Steve have been friends since they were about nine years old and Scott and Calvin were both in our wedding. Cindy is pregnant with her fifth child and due on January 13th! It will be their first little boy so we are so excited for them! And Calvin and Connie have identical twin girls (just like us) and a sweet little boy.

We love them so much and always have the best time getting together and catching up. I love life long friends!

Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! I know my weekend is going to be packed, but I am still looking so forward to it. It seems like it has been a long week! Yay for weekends!

10 comments:

  1. Love the picture of you and your friends, it's so sweet that you all are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,
    It is so kind of you to take supper to your friend. Those gestures are so appreciated at those times when you can't cook for your own family.

    The pics of you and your friends are so cute and I think it is so neat that you have an annual dinner with them every ChRISTmas season.

    Have a Blessed weekend,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you and Steve are still close to all of your high school friends. That is so sweet!

    You should definitely post the recipe for your homemade potato soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know our church has a supper ministry like that... I wish I knew how to cook so I could participate. When my best friend was passing away - it was so nice to see familiar faces come each night with dinner for the family - its a comfort & a need that is so nice to have around....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect comfort food!!

    I love life-long friends, too! My BFF (Jodi) and I have been friends for OVER 30 years! I don't know what life would be like without her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,

    You are such a dear friend to many! Thanks for your support this year in our little village...and yes we needed an ark yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet thing to carry dinner to your friend that just had surgery. That sounds like great comfort food in ANY weather!

    What a cute picture of you and your friends! It's fun to have traditions like this with life long friends!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your friends are lucky to have you! What a thoughtful sweet fun person you are!! It makes you one feel so good to do something for others~! all year through!! YTou are the best example!! hope your having the best weekend!!ttys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Betsy. Head over to my blog for an award!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)