Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Early Christmas

Tonight we went over to Blake and Angie's (my brother and sister-in-law) for an early Christmas. Steve and I both have large families and there is a lot of coordinating to try and make time for everyone at Christmas. Since we are all busy on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Blake's family and my family just decided to get together a few days before Christmas.

We decided to just have appetizers tonight. I love that! We had so much food!




Angie is a great cook and always has new recipes to share and tonight she made three new recipes that I had never tried. I will share them with you at the end of this post!

We just hung out and exchanged presents and visited together. That is my favorite kind of get together. Low key and laid back! :) Here are a few pictures of our night.

All the cousins! Blake and Angie have four kids just like we do--only he has three boys and one girl and we have three girls and one boy! Blake and Angie's kids all have "B" names, just like my family growing up. My family had Betsy, Blake, and Brent. Blake's kids are Brianna, Bryson, Brett, and Brad. (And my little brother, Brent is married to Britney and their little girl is Bailey! Plus their last name is Bouldin!)


Steve, me, Angie, and Blake


Ashley and Bryson


Mark and Brianna


Laura and Brianna


The girls...


Ashley, Brianna, Brett, and Laura


This is one of their boxers, Lexi. She fell asleep in the chair. :)



When we left, we HAD to drive by a house in their neighborhood that is seriously lit up like the fourth of July. I tried to take pictures but it really doesn't do this house justice. haha I love it when people get so decked out for Christmas! That is so much fun!

Here is SOME of their backyard. I couldn't get a clear picture, though.


This is the front yard! Can you believe???



Okay...here are the recipes I got from Angie tonight!

Broccoli Dip

Saute one onion with 1 1/2 sticks butter.
Mix in:
1 4 oz. can mushrooms, finely chopped
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 4 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese or jalepeno cheese
2 frozen pkgs. chopped broccoli
Add cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste

Serve hot with corn chips or crackers.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple Cherry Cider

1 gallon apple cider
1 small pkg. cherry jello

Dissolve jello into cider and heat. Add sliced oranges. Serve hot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomato-Cheese Salsa

1 pkg Good Seasons Italian Dressing, prepared using red wine vinegar
2 large tomatoes, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1 4 oz. green chiles
1 4 oz. sliced black olives
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

*Combine, marinate for one hour, drain slightly


Enjoy!

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

WOW - looks like for two families getting together - that was one full house!!!

And appetizers are the best - I can sit & eat them all night long!!!

What a beautiful family!

Becky said...

Good Morning Betsy;

I believe you and your brother have the most beautiful children I have ever seen! The food looked delish and I can't wait to try the cider.....how ez! Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family!

Meagan said...

What a wonderful holiday celebration! I love the idea of apetizers! Thanks for the recipes!

petrii said...

Betsy -- YUMMOOOOO I say!! I love appetizers!!!

These kids are just beautiful.

So glad you had fun and I hope today was equally as GREAT!!

Merry CHRISTmas friend,
Dawn

MiMi said...

I love having appetizers because you get to taste so many yummy things. That Broccoli Dip sounds like something I would love and I will definitely have to try that Apple Cherry Cider. YUM!

What a beautiful family you have. I was just admiring the picture of your kids on my fridge. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!