Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tour Of Homes

I decided to join Boo Mama's Christmas Tour Of Homes this year. My home is by no means a model type home. I have four kids and a dog so my home is just very down to earth and kid friendly. :) But we love it and are thankful for all the love we share, especially at Christmas time. We have lots of fun and happy memories here!

So, let's get started!

If you were to walk up to my house, you would be greeted by a lighted wreath on our front door.


This is our entry way. You see our Christmas tree right when you walk through the door and we also have lighted garland on our stairs.




On the stairs, we have Mr. and Mrs. Snowman sitting there. They sing Walking In A Winter Wonderland! I got them at a party I went to a few years ago. :)


Once you walk into the family room, you would see our Christmas tree! It has colored lights on it just because they seem more child like and I grew up with colored lights. I guess you just do what you grew up doing, huh??



We have so many ornaments that we have had on our tree for years. I don't do theme trees or anything, so they are just a random assortment of ornaments we have collected. My favorites are the ones with my kids' pictures in them! I do have one favorite that is a little fancier. It is a church made by Christopher Radko. I think it is really pretty.


But most of the ornaments look something like this:






I have several nativity scenes in my house. After all, that is the real reason for the season, right?






Here is our mantel and our stockings! There is one for each of our kids.





These Santas also sit on the mantel.




I also have a collection of favorite Christmas books that I set out every year.


I especially love this one. It has tons of stories about Christmases past. It is just people remembering special Christmases and telling the stories of their families and times gone by. (Jacquie--you would love this one!!)


One of my favorite parts of Christmas is sending and receiving Christmas cards. Here is my little basket of cards that we have gotten so far this year.


There are just little Christmas touches that I have sitting around. Here are a few of them.






Well, that about does it. I hope you have enjoyed my Christmas Bloggy Tour! I can't wait to come see your home! Click on over to Boo Mama's blog and join us! :)

27 comments:

  1. Betsy,
    Your house is just beautiful. Your Nativities are just gorgeous!!! I love the material one ~~ did you get that one at a craft show? How cute!!

    Merry CHRISTmas friend,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Betsy, I love your tree! I love the colored lights, they do remind me of my childhood too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved touring your home. Your entry is beautiful and Christmas-y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your home - I think it's beautiful! And I just think about all the fun ya'll must have when all the kids are home for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful and very inviting! Thanks for letting us in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the beading on your tree, and also have the Christmas Joy book, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, your home is beautiful! I love the tree. I have colored lights too! I love your stockings too! It's so special to have the picture ornaments too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you do this! Your house is beautifuly decorated - I love your tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy - Your home is beautiful! Love your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tree! It reminds me of the one's we always had. Is it real or artificial?? Looks real! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betsy, your home is beautiful, warm and inviting. I love all the personal touches that make things so special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved seeing your decorations, Betsy. It looks so pretty and makes me want to come on over! Wish you lived closer, and I would do just that! Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful Christmas tree! The colored lights do remind me of my childhood. Most of my favorite ornaments on my tree are very similar to yours.

    Your home is so beautiful! Thanks for inviting us in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks beautiful. I especially love your entryway. I bet it's gorgeous year round.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The snowmen are adorable, I want them to sit on my stairs!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your house is SO pretty! You do such a nice job decorating for the holidays! I love colored lights too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your tree and all of your decor. It is so warm, so welcoming, and so you ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved viewing your Christmas decorations! The lighted wreath on the front door was one of my favorites! And your tree is huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks so beautiful and your home looks so cozy! I love all the handmade ornaments! I'm sure they bring back such good memories for you and your kids. Thanks so much for sharing & Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely loved touring your home! It is gorgeous and so inviting. It feels like somewhere you could just go hang out and have the best time! I loved the lighted wreath on the door and the cute little snowmen on the stairs - my faves!

    AND I'm so going to see if I can order that Christmas past story book!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. betsy I love your house its gorgeous so much room! I love staircases and balconys like you have! What a nice Christmasy house the kids have to come home too! Love it! Hope your having a great week! Almost time for a break eh!! Enjoy it! ttys

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, just came by your blog after seeing your comment on a lady's blog who had stopped by mine. Saw you're in Charlotte - I'm in Mooresville. Love your Santa photo & tree. Wish I could do that good of a job on hanging garland! You don't look old enough to have kids that old! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Betsy...I loved the tour of your home! It just feels so warm and cozy.

    Have you thought about giving Ashley her ornaments after she gets married? I remember boxing mine up with my mom the year that I was engaged. I got her to tell me the stories behind them and I loved that homey feeling I had when I unwrapped each one the following year and hung them on our Christmas tree. (John's mom did the same thing with his too!)

    Also...just wanted to tell you that our family Christmas card will soon fill that basket! I'm working on our list today and you're on it!

    And next year, you might have another book (my husband's!) that you can add to that collection!

    :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love ornaments with pictures on it. I still enjoying looking at my mom and dad's tree with the pics of me and my sisters. I laugh and/or cry at them every year. Memories ...
    Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved the tour - - - thanks for inviting me.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)