Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008!

We had such a wonderful Christmas! When I woke up this morning, it felt so weird to not have anything to think about or do related to Christmas! But Steve and I were talking the other night and saying what a really nice Christmas this was...full of lots of family and friends and yummy food and shopping and services. I felt a little stressed in the month leading up to Christmas, but once I got out of school, everything slowed down and I totally enjoyed this past week.

There is so much to share over the past few days. I think I will just let the pictures speak for themselves! :)


Christmas Eve

We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church and then over to Steve's sister's house for soups and dessert. Then we headed back home to watch A Christmas Story and wrap a few last minute presents!

Steve's mom and dad



Laura and Lindy


Ashley and me

Steve's brother, Mike and sisters, Angela and Debbie

A pretty table...

Lindy and Ashley with Granny

Grandaddy reads The Night Before Christmas...



Christmas Day


We got up around 7:30 on Christmas morning. That is probably the latest we've slept on Christmas morning ever!! Santa was so good to everyone. Here is what it looked like when we got up...







Our family opened gifts together first, then my parents and Brent, Britney, and Bailey came over. We had breakfast together...I made a breakfast casserole, grits, fruit salad, coffee cake, cider and coffee. Here is our Christmas table.



Here are some pictures of our morning together.

All the kids with my parents...

Brent and Britney surprised us with the news that their new baby is going to be a girl!! :)

Bailey got animal masks from Santa and she insisted that everyone wear them! So funny! :)



We hung out and opened presents all morning. After my parents left, we were wiped out! We all took naps and watched movies all afternoon. Then it was time to head over to Steve's parents' house for dinner and presents.

Christmas Night

Me with Lindy, Angela, and Ashley

Steve and me

Steve's sisters Debbie and Angela

Lindy and Mark

Debbie and Bob

Steve's parents and Mike

Ashley and Debbie's daughter, Rebeccah

Laura and Uncle Mike



Whew...that is alot of catching up! Today we have done pretty much nothing except go see Valkyrie. I thought it was really good, but it is intense! I do not really have any plans for the next week, which is completely out of the ordinary for me. I just want to relax and enjoy my time off.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Nothing like the Holidays to spend time with family.... everyone has wonderful smiles on their faces...

& look how organized Santa is coming to your home... WOW!

Ginger said...

I love your pictures! Looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy some much needed rest and relaxation. Can't wait to see Valkyrie..on our list.

Faith said...

What fun celebrations with all your family! The pictures are great and I can tell that you all had a wonderfully blessed Christmas!

Michele said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas and a sweet family!

MiMi said...

Well, as usual, your family is just beautiful and you captured them all in some gorgeous photos! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Enjoy a few days of rest before you have to head back to work next week!

Jacquie said...

I'd so love to be a part of your family. You have the best time together!!

I'd like to go see Gran Torino (w/Clint Eastwood).