Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Weekend

Our weekend was busy as usual (I think I say that every weekend!) I didn't get a chance to blog at all, so I think I will just do a quick rundown.

Friday night:
Dinner with Steve at PF Changs. For Steve's birthday, the kids gave him a gift certificate there and we haven't used it yet, so Friday night we did. And, it is always soooo good! We hadn't been on a date in a long time it seems like, so we really enjoyed it. We always get lettuce wraps for an appetizer


and then we split the honey shrimp.


Plus we had lots to catch up on since he just got back from his trip to Phoenix to see his sister!

Mark came home, too!

Saturday:
Had a "Day of Beauty". haha No, really, I just got my hair colored and got my nails done. But it practically did take all day! I don't really love spending my Saturday that way, but I sure do like the results!

Ashley came home for the day and shopped all day with Laura and Lindy.

Watched a little college football (South Carolina and NC State!)

Saturday night we all went out for a family dinner at La Unica where we eat at least once a week it seems like! Then we came back home and watched Get Smart.


It was cute! I really liked it. Is Steve Carell hillarious, or what?? (My kids are all addicted to The Office! They sit around and quote it and just crack up laughing!) Anyway...for once, I wasn't the one who fell asleep during the movie. Laura and Lindy beat me to it! :)

Sunday:
Church
Watched the Panthers beat the Detroit Lions!!


Finished Mark's laundry and did school work.

The weekend is already over! :( So sad! But I am ready for the week and hopefully I can get to bed early so I will be totally rested and ready for the day tomorrow. It has gotten REALLY cold here, so I'm thinking an extra blanket might need to go on the bed tonight. I like sleeping like that!

Hope you have a GREAT week!!

9 comments:

MiMi said...

Looks like you like the same thing that I like at PF Changs. I love the Lettuce Wraps and those Honey Shrimp--YUM! I haven't been there in a while, but you've got me craving it now!

Glad you had such a fun weekend. Our family's all fans of The Office, too! Steve Carell is so funny!

Jacquie said...

Mmmm! Love me some PF Chang's... and the wraps are to die for.

Sounds like a fun family weekend (as usual).

Have a great week at school.

MiMi said...

Betsy,

Mimi's Cafe is Exit 18 on I-77 (NorthLake Mall exit)

You need to give it a try!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I have only eaten at PF Changs once, but I LOVED it ;)!

I am glad you got to spend some qt with the familia ;)!

Ginger said...

We rented Get Smart last weekend and it was hilarious! Loved it!!

Ginger :)

Julie said...

I love PF Changs. We usually get the lettuce wraps, small order of won tons, and the honey seared chicken. Now I must try the shrimp!!!

I haven't seen Get Smart but keep intending to. We love The Office so I think we would like this movie.

I loved your ideas for Thanksgiving dinner. Be sure and take pictures of yours!!

Meagan said...

Goodness, it was a busy weekend, but a good one! I have to tell you that PF Chang is one of my most favorite places to eat and I order EXACTLY the same thing you and Steve do... how funny is that?!?! Mmmm... now you've got me craving it!

Leigh Ann said...

I am not big on Chinese food, but I LOVE those lettuce wraps. They are SO yummy. I agree...Steve Carrell just completely cracks me UP! We need to rent that movie.

Christal said...

SO glad you had a fun weekend!! You always make things fun though! I love pf changs I went once in SLC loved it! Well hope your having an awesome week! ttys