Monday, November 17, 2008

Thank Heaven For Little Girls!


I have never participated in a "bloggy shower" before, so I am excited to try it for the first time. One of my sweetest blogging friends, Kelly Stamps, is expecting her precious baby girl, Harper, in January. So...Faith, Jenna, and Heather all came up with the idea of throwing her a bloggy baby shower just to send out love and happiness to them!

If I was at your real shower, Kelly, first of all I would give you a BIG HUG and tell you just how thrilled and excited I am for you! I love how God has brought this miracle into your life and I know you don't take it for granted!! I had been praying for you while you were having such a hard time getting pregnant, and when you e-mailed me to tell me about it....I just about cried!!


I have had so much fun watching you hold up vegetables so we could see how sweet little Harper was growing each week!! :)


And I am dying to see that cutie pie when she gets here. I can already tell she looks just like her mommy from the ultrasound pictures!

There is not a child alive who is going to be more loved and wanted. And I know you are going to be a wonderful mother. You have already gotten so much advice, but you know what??? I really don't think you need it!! You will be a natural I can tell. God has given you so much love for this baby that you will instinctively know what to do.

All I can tell you is that however much you think you are going to love this little girl....it is just a million times more than that. It will take your breath away at what a perfect miracle God is giving you. When I had my babies, it felt like they were delivered to me straight from God's hands to my arms...made just for me.

There is the sweetest poem that I had on a baby CD and everytime I listened to it, it made me cry because it described how I felt about God's gift to me, so I wanted to include it here for you.

All You Are
(by Michael Card - based on a poem by George MacDonald)

Where did you get those eyes so blue?
They're from the sky that you passed through.
Where did you get that little tear?
Did you find that it was waiting for you here?

And what about your little nose?
He knew you'd need it for the rose.
And as for your soft curly ear,
He knew there would be songs for you to hear.

How can it be that you are you?
He thought you up and so you grew.
Because you're mine, it must be true
That He was also thinking of me too.


For all you are, and all you'll be,
For everything you mean to me,
Though I don't understand,
I know you're from the Father's hand.

Lots of love to you, Scott, and Baby Harper!!!

7 comments:

  1. That poem...wow, so sweet! I love this post. Thanks so much for "coming" to the shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for participating Betsy - I just loved your post. That poem about did me in, my friend!! So sweet. Thanks again and have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy - thank you sooooo much! I have loved reading your blog - you are just a "mom" role model to me. I hope one day I have the kind of relationship with Harper that you do with your girls! I can tell how much love is in your family!
    This is so much better than any "real" blog I've ever been to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great words from one great Mom to another. I love the poem, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet Betsy!!! That poem just melted my heart ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful poem!! I loved reading it. I need to remember that poem for future use!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)