Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sweet Treats

Today I packed up my room and left school by 2:30. I think I set a new world record! haha I was just really ready to start my Thanksgiving break. I know I have a lot to do over the next few days, but it will all be fun.

Before school was over I had a mom bring me this gorgeous pecan pie.


I had to try some when I got home. And, believe me, it tastes as good as it looks. It has cream cheese in the middle!!! Her husband is a chef and he baked one for me and my assistant. That was so sweet.

And a friend of mine at work was raving about this today:


It is Peppermit Mocha creamer from Coffee Mate. So...after school I went to the grocery store and picked some up. It is in the refridgerator waiting for the morning when I will be trying it.

Tomorrow I will be...

*grocery shopping
*ironing tablecloths
*setting out dishes and cups and glasses
*chopping and stirring and mixing and pouring
*doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms

...just getting ready for a fun family day on Thursday! I'm thankful for my sweet neighbors who have offered me their ovens and refridgerators and driveways over the next few days while they are out of town (like they do every year)! I will totally be using them. I can't fit everything in my own refridgerator and oven!

Tomorrow night we will definitely be ordering in or going out! :)

9 comments:

Meredith said...

WOW what a beautiful pie! And cream cheese in the middle? YUM! I know you are so ready for the break! YAY for those! :) Have fun getting ready for turkey day!

Christal said...

um yah that pie looks so good! Well happy thanksgiving have a great rest of the week can't wait to see pics and hear what a beautiful time you had all together!!

Stacia said...

I hope you enjoy your day of preperation! And have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lauren said...

Betsy, I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Rebecca Jo said...

OH MY GOODNESS - that pie looks & sounds delicious!! Enjoy your time off!

Julie said...

That pie sounds delicious!! I've never had pecan pie with cream cheese in the middle! Yum!!

I love that picture of your sweet dog in front of the warm cozy fire!

Happy Thankgiving!!

Jacquie said...

You've got a lot to do!! How great that your neighbors let you use their oven and fridge.

I hope you have the best time with your family!!

MiMi said...

Oh my that is a gorgeous pie! Nothing says Thanksgiving like a pecan pie!


Happy Thanksgiving!

petrii said...

YUMMEE!! How nice ~~ you must have some awesome parents in your classroom!!!

It's so nice of your neighbors to let you use their digs while their gone ~~

Have a Blessed and Beautiful Thanksgiving,
Dawn