Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday

It has been a good Sunday. Sunday is much better when you know that you only have a two day week ahead of you!! We had a wonderful service this morning which was the finale of our Missions Emphasis weekend. Here we are about to leave for church this morning.


This afternoon Steve got to work on raking the yard which was a big task.


I think we have about 5 huge bags of leaves sitting out front right now! Lindy had to work, so Laura and I did a little shopping and got some cute stuff at Target. We even stopped by to visit Lindy at Justice, the little girl's store where she works. I wanted to take her picture, but she didn't want me to. ;)

I have called everyone that is coming to my house for Thanksgiving and I have the whole menu lined up! It is going to be so yummy. I do the turkey and usually a ham, too, plus lots of appetizers and a few sides. My mom always brings the dressing and Steve's mom makes amazing pecan pie and sweet potato casserole. Then everyone else is bringing tons of different vegetables and salads, etc., so I know we will probably eat ourselves silly!

One of my kids' favorite things that I make is Strawberry Pretzel Salad.


I thought I would share the recipe with you in case you are looking for something to bring to your Thanksgiving Day get-together.

Strawberry Pretzel Salad
¾ cup margarine
1 (16 oz) package frozen strawberries or 3 cups fresh strawberries
3 T. brown sugar
2 ½ c. crushed pretzels
1 large package strawberry jello
1 c. sugar
2 cups boiling water
1 small carton Cool Whip

Cream margarine with sugar. Mix in crushed pretzels and pat into buttered 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool. Dissolve gelatin in water; add strawberries. Chill until partially set. Cream sugar and cream cheese, fold in Cool Whip and spread over cooled crust. Pour gelatin mixture over. Chill until firm.


Believe it or not, the crust tastes like pecans!

And I wanted to give you the Twilight report. Laura and Lindy saw the movie the other night and they both LOVED it! So, they said they would definitely recommend it if you are thinking about going!

Oh...and one more thing. I saw the CUTEST idea for a Thanksgiving or Christmas hostess gift on Jennifer's blog today. It is a hot chocolate tray! Go here and check it out. Really original and thoughtful!

Hope you have a great week!

7 comments:

Jacquie said...

Y'all are just so cute!! Your Thanksgiving plans sound wonderful. I love Thanksgiving.

Nancy said...

Great picture!

We LOVE strawberry pretzel salad - it is so good.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Rathi said...

That recipe looks yummy! Might have to try that out. Thanks for the comment on my blog and enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends and family!!

Meredith said...

Betsy, I love the picture of you w/ your daughters! So sweet! And hey-that is great your husband got the yardwork done! OO and my mother-in-law makes that salad too! Isn't it just delish?!?!

Kellie DeLange said...

Brad's absolute favorite dessert is the Strawberry Pretzel Dessert. I make it all the time and yet I never eat it because I don't like cream cheese.
I'm glad your girls liked the movie. I have heard mixed reviews, but I still want to see it.
Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I know what you mean by a two day week...PTL!!!

I will definitely try that salad ;).

petrii said...

MMMM I heart Thanksgiving :-)

You all look so adorable!!!!!

Have a Blessed week,
Dawn