Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

So, I got up early this morning and started my laundry. This is what it looked like as of this morning.


Can you BELIEVE???? There are so many wonderful things about having a big family, but this is NOT one of them. I think I have done 12 loads of laundry today. But I got it all done!!

Then I got my peppermint mocha in hand and went to the grocery store to get everything I needed for my Thanksgiving cooking. I made my strawberry pretzel salad, spinach dip, a cheese ring appetizer, Heath bar dip for apples, copper pennies (they are marinated carrots with onions and peppers...we have them every Thanksgiving!),


and I have a turkey and glazed ham ready to put in the oven tomorrow. Ashley and Laura and Lindy all helped me, so I got it done quicker!

My sweet little niece Bailey came over to spend the morning with us. She even went to Chick-Fil-A with us for lunch. She is so precious and kept us entertained all morning! Laura is stealing some of her sugar...



I got my tables set, too. This is my dining room table.




The kitchen table is a little less formal. Since I have 21 people coming, I have to use paper plates since I don't have that much china.


But that's okay. It makes clean up a lot quicker!

Tonight Steve's mom had us over for chili which was so sweet. And I even have time to relax and watch an abc family Christmas movie. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I hope you all have a wonderful day of football, food, and family! I am so thankful for all of God's blessings in my life! He has been so good to me.

8 comments:

Faith said...

Boy, you have been busy today! I'm sure the peppermint mocha helped you accomplish all that was on your list - those are my favorite too! Everything looks great and so yummy!

Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Becky said...

You've been a busy girl. I love your table setting and I'm with ya on the paper goods. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Jacquie said...

Your laundry doesn't look much different from what my mother had to deal with! Your table looks great! I love the turkey paper plates.

PS - I tagged you on my blog.

petrii said...

Wow you have been so busy!!!!! MMMM eveything looks so great and delish!!!!! Have a wonderful and Blessed day.

Love and Blessings to you,
Dawn

Angie said...

I love your Thanksgiving table! So beautiful, have a great Thanksgiving!

Rebecca Jo said...

Love your plates... beautiful & easy to clean up - what's better than that?

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Stacia said...

Your table is beautiful. And the joys of laundry =)
Great day!

Christal said...

Your table looks awesome!!! How pretty! have to agree that laudry is NOT my favorite thing either! cute pictures!