Friday, November 28, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas!

We got our tree and all of our Christmas decorations put up today except the wreaths on the front of the house! We went to Starbucks first thing this morning for some coffee and pastries. When we got home we started pulling out all the boxes and got busy decorating. I have to admit that this is not one of my favorite activities, but it helps when there are lots of people pitching in. Steve, Laura and I did most of it, though, because everyone else had appointments. Ashley and John got their engagement pictures made today. I will show you the link when they are ready! I caught them right as they were walking out the door and had them pose for me real quick! :)


And Lindy got her hair cut today. I think it looks really cute!


We also took a few pictures for our Christmas cards. That is my project for tomorrow. I am going to go get the Christmas cards made.




I will wait to show you all the decorating because I think I am going to do Boo Mama's Christmas Tour of Homes!


As I was putting all my ornaments on the tree today, I was thinking about how glad I am that I have lots of ornaments with the kids' pictures in them through the years. They are nothing fancy or elaborate...lots of them are just made out of felt or popsicle sticks. But they are the sweetest ornaments on the tree. I just love looking at them. If you have babies or small children, make sure to take lots of pictures and make them into ornaments. You will love looking at them every year!






Today is Steve's mom's 69th birthday. We went to his house and had pizza and cake and ice cream with his family. She has been a wonderful mother to five children and lots of grandchildren! I am thankful to her for raising such a wonderful son who treats me so well and takes such good care of our family. Happy Birthday Granny!!

7 comments:

MiMi said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! I'm with you about decorating being easier when you have some helpers. I don't think we are going to do near as much this year as we normally do. It's just a lot of work.

You really captured some great shots of your kids! I am sure that Ashley and John's engagement pictures are going to turn out great! And Lindy's haircut --how cute is she??

Can't wait to see which picture you decide on for your Christmas cards! Have a great weekend and Happy Birthday, Granny!

Jacquie said...

The kids are going to help put up our tree today. I WISH I had picture ornaments like you have. Yours were so sweet, they nearly made ME cry!

petrii said...

Betsy,
That's what we're doing today. Since I'm laid up, I have a friend who has volunteered to help, so it will be good having more help this year. To be honest, I wasn't even sure we'd get much decorating done this year. It's nice to have friends.

Your children are just adorable. Can't wait to see the card and the engagement pics.

Have a GREAT day,
Dawn

Ginger said...

I love those ornaments! Can't wait to put our tree up today and place those sweet ornaments on ours. Brings back lots of good memories. I love Lindy's hair. Katie got her hair cut too..very similar! Love it. :)

Faith said...

What a beautiful family you have. I love Lindy's hair cut! Can't wait to see more of your decor!

Rebecca Jo said...

What great pictures... your family is just beautiful!

Meredith said...

What a good looking family! I need to start making some photo ornaments while the boys are still little. Good reminder. :)