Sunday, November 9, 2008

Go Gamecocks!

Yesterday we drove to Columbia for the USC vs. Arkansas game.


It couldn't have been a more perfect day! The weather was absolutely perfect and, of course, the game was awesome since we handily beat the Razorbacks (sorry all my Arkansas friends!) It was Ashley's last home football game which is really hard to believe! Her time at South Carolina has literally flown by! She got a little teary eyed when they played the Alma Mater for the last time at the end of the game.

We got there around 11:00 and got some Bojangles chicken for tailgaiting. I had already made lots of yummy stuff to go with it.

Then we headed over to the game. The day wasn't hot at all (it was EXTREMELY windy!!), but it was such a sunny day that I was afraid we were all going to get sunburned! Laura and Lindy even bought hats half way through the game just to make sure their faces were protected. Lindy, poor thing, was sick. She has completely lost her voice and is just basically squeaking when she talks. And she coughed and blew her nose constantly all day. :(


Here are a few pictures from the day.









After the game was over, we all went out to dinner together before we had to leave to come back home.It was lots of fun. I was so tired when we got home. I put my pajamas on and I think I was asleep by 9:30!!

Today Steve left for the week to go to Phoenix, Arizona where his twin sister lives. He is looking forward to seeing her since he hardly ever gets to! I will miss him, but I am glad he got to go.

Tomorrow is Monday again. Wow--the weekends go by too fast! The best thing is we don't have school on Tuesday. So I think Laura and Lindy and I are going to drive up to Boone to visit Appalachian State University for the day. It should be gorgeous up there! Have a great week!!

8 comments:

  1. I saw the word Arkansas and had to comment. I'm having quite a time of it because we are probably sending one off to Arkansas next year. I had hoped that my kids might all go to the same college. (ha wishful thinking) My daughter is at A&M (which we love) and my son has always said he was going there or Notre Dame. I think we own about 100 t-shirts and sweatshirts to attest to that. Arkansas wasn't even considered because they had "a hog" as their mascot, per him. Well, guess 18 year olds change their minds, don't they. Didn't even apply to ND (which is ok I guess since it is so far) but never saw the Arkansas thing. Not lovin the thought of it, just between us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I hope you have beautiful weather for your trip to Boone on Tuesday. It should be a gorgeous drive.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, y'all got the best of us!! No surprise.

    Your family is SO stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you so much Betsy IN SPITE of this post! ha!
    We weren't real surprised that SC beat us. It's not a good year for the hogs. BUT WE WILL BE BACK!
    I'm glad ya'll had a fun time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun!

    The leaves in Boone are still beautiful, so you should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way...I left you an award and a tag on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy,
    So glad you had a fun weekend -- your family is so cute!!!!! YAY for Tuesday off -- have fun with your girls.

    Have a Blessed week,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I love football ;)! I am so glad you had a great time with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)