Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!


It is Election Day! I got to the polls at 7:30 this morning and only had to stand in line for about 45 minutes, which isn't bad at all considering how long the lines have been around here for early voting.

I took a picture of me with my "I Voted" sticker on just so I could remember I voted on this very historic election!




We had an older couple in front of us and they talked to us the whole time we were in line so it made the time go by faster! Turns out they are our neighbors and they were so sweet.

It was both Ashley and Mark's first time voting this year. That is so exciting! Here is Ashley bright and early this morning...straight out of bed! :)



After I voted, I had a teacher workday, so I got to turn on my tv at school and watch election coverage all day long! This was when Obama was casting his vote in Chicago.


I am excited to watch the results tonight, but I know we probably won't know the final results until after I am asleep I'm sure. haha

Have you ever heard of Ron Clark? He is the teacher who wrote this book (which I love!) In it he teaches old-fashioned rules like do your homework every night, say thank you, don't talk at the movies, respect everyone, tell the truth.


He actually has his own Ron Clark Academy now in Atlanta where he teaches inner city kids. And he has recently taught his students about the election. Part of this included teaching them a rap/song about each candidate and what they stood for. Then these kids performed the song on CNN.

It is soooo cute and I loved it because I have been teaching my students about the election and I thought this was such an innovative way to do it....something they would love! And I saw these kids interviewed and they knew their stuff! They knew more than alot of adults out there!

So...in honor of election day, here is a YouTube clip of the song. These kids are just having the most fun (and learning at the same time)!

(Hopefully you got to vote. I know whoever wins that God is in control and I will just be committed to praying that God will give this new president wisdom and guidance as he leads our country for the next four years!)

"You Can Vote However You Like"



These are the words to the song:

Obama on the left
McCain on the right
We can talk politics all night
And you can vote however you like
You can vote however you like, yeah

Democratic left
Republican right
November 4th we decide
And you can vote however you like
You can vote however you like, yeah

(McCain supporters)
McCain’s the best candidate
With Palin as his running mate
They’ll fight for gun rights, pro life,
The conservative right
Our future is bright
Better economy in site
And all the world will feel our military might

(Obama supporters)
But McCain and Bush are real close right
They vote alike and keep it tight
Obama’s new, he’s younger too
The Middle Class he will help you
He’ll bring a change, he’s got the brains
McCain and Bush are just the same
You are to blame, Iraq’s a shame
Four more years would be insane

Lower your Taxes - you know Obama Won’t
PROTECT THE LOWER CLASS - You know McCain won’t!
Have enough experience - you know that they don’t
STOP GLOBAL WARMING - you know that you won’t

I want Obama
FORGET OBAMA
Stick with McCain and you’re going to have some drama
We need it
HE’LL BRING IT
He’ll be it
YOU’LL SEE IT
We’ll do it
GET TO IT
Let’s move it
DO IT!

I’m talking big pipe lines, and low gas prices
Below $2.00 that would be nice
But to do it right we gotta start today
Finding renewable ways that are here to stay

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Ron Clark! He makes me actually want to be a teacher! Steve and Judy's son, Chris, reminds me a lot of him and his gift for teaching.

    Yay for the vote!! I'm so grateful for the right to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of him before but that book sounds incredible!!! What a great rap too ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had seen this performance on some other network and I wasn't sure who or what it was but I thought the children were cute!
    It is so neat to read so many teachers teaching their students about the election. Voting is such an honor and privilege.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was cool ! Thanks for sharing! You seriously are the worlds best teacher you always look for such fun things!! Love the halloween pics too ! and love the cute sticker pics ! Well hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Ron Clark... that song was great... I just wish that I had seen it before the election to share/teach my kids!! How neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It felt good to vote, but I have to admit I am so glad it is all over. You are right! No matter what God is in control. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)