Monday, November 24, 2008

Coziness

It is very "Novembery" here today. The sky is gray and drizzly and Ashley and I were noticing that all those pretty fall leaves that we had about two weeks ago have just about fallen off now and the trees are looking more like winter. It is very cold, too.

But inside our cozy house, this is what it looks like around here tonight. Mark is home and loving not having anything to do!



I think Rocky would go ahead and climb right on into the fireplace if he could. He loves it so much!


We went to La Unica for dinner with Steve's family, but to be honest, I was so tired I was just thinking about coming home to my pajamas and my bed! :)

And since it is the season of thinking about things we are thankful for, I wanted to just list a few that come to mind tonight.

1-my fuzzy slippers

2-hot showers

3-an extra blanket on the bed when it is cold

4-only one day of school left this week

5-not having to cook dinner tonight

6-fireplaces

7-TiVo

God really does bless us in lots of little ways!

9 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

It looks like Rocky's got the right idea!! lol. That was the cutest pic.

I know you are enjoying having Mark home.

Becky said...

Your post title is so perfect. Mark and Rocky are certainly maxed out in coziness aren't they. I love your list and feel the same way. I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving.

petrii said...

I love coziness ~~ that is what I love about cool weather ~~ wrapping up and taking life down a notch ~~ priceless!!!

Come on over to my blog ~~ got a little something for ya :-)

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Megan L Hutchings said...

I know you are loving having Mark home ;)!

Amen to TiVo!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Stopping by to visit from a friend's blog...

Love the picture of fur baby in front of the fire place - he has the right idea!!

Christal said...

This post makes me want to curl up with a blanket and get warm! Kind of makes me sleepy too love the pictures. Hope you have a great thanksgiving day and a great week!!

Leigh Ann said...

Rocky is SO cute. I'd like to snuggle with him! I bet you are looking forward to having all your kids home for the holidays! Mark looks glad to be there, too. I agree 100% with your list. It IS the little things in life! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love coziness!

We're hitting the road, but I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving, Betsy!

Meagan said...

Cozy... one of my favorite words of all!

I love your Thankful list... all things I am thankful for! Aren't you SO glad to have a break from work? I counded down the hours today until the last bell rang!