Sunday, November 30, 2008

8 Random Things Tag

Jacquie tagged me the other day to list 8 random things about me, so I thought I would give it a go today. This is harder than it seems! Let's see...

1-I am not a picky eater at all. I can only think of 3 things that I don't like. They are olives, liver, and pimento cheese!


2-I think if I wasn't a teacher I would either be a social worker or a nurse.


3-I think of myself as a really girly girl, but I don't like to do some of the things that most girls like to do like shopping and decorating. I love to have my house decorated cute, but I get overwhelmed by making so many choices (wallpaper, paint, counter tops, etc)! And, even though I LOVE new clothes, I like the mall less and less the older I get. I would rather just shop online!


4-I don't really like to talk on the phone. I would rather talk to you in person or send you an e-mail. I think it's just that I'm so busy, I feel like I am wasting time on the phone.


5-I started taking piano in first grade and took for eight years. I still love to sit down and play hymns or just songs out of my song books.


6-I love spicy stuff. I like my food so much better if it has a "kick" to it! My mom says I loved really hot chili even when I was still in my high chair! :)


7-I have never had a massage and I don't think I would really like one. It seems like I wouldn't be able to relax having someone I don't know massaging my back.



8-I am not a big worrier and I am not really afraid of very much.


Of course, everyone worries sometimes! I just mean things like...I don't get nervous when Steve is out of town and spiders, bugs, and bees don't bother me at all. I often leave my house and car unlocked just because I don't think about it! Thunderstorms are fun to me and I have no problem going places alone. My mind just doesn't go to scary thoughts very often (thankfully)! I think the thing that makes me worry the most is anything related to my kids!

You are welcome to play along if you would like to! :)

6 comments:

MiMi said...

Loved reading your list! I am the same way about the mall -can't even remember the last time I went to the mall for anything.

I also do not like to talk on the phone very much. I think it is because I am on the phone so much at work that when I finally get home, the LAST thing I want to do is talk on the phone!

Jacquie said...

Thanks for playing along, Betsy! I loved reading your list. You are an interesting person.

How great that you're NOT a picky eater. I don't know many people who can say that.

I've considered the medical field myself - if I weren't a secretary.

I'd rather email someone any day of the week as to talk on the phone... I'm not sure why??

I wish I could play piano. Kale taught himself when he was 14 and then he took lessons from then until he graduated high school. He plays mostly classical music and hymns. I LOVE having a piano and the sound of him playing in the house!

I SOOOO agree with you on the massage thing. I have NO desire to go there.

I wish I was not a worry-wart. I do mostly stress over my children, though.

Fun tag!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm completely with you on #1, #3, #4, and #7! That was a fun post, Betsy.

Megan L Hutchings said...

My mom role model, I just got through reading all of your posts from the holiday and WOW!

*I have no idea how you got 12 loads of laundry, Thanksgiving shopping, a little babysitting, and family time done in one day. Seriously...you are super mom ;)!

*It looks the Thanksgiving meal was a big success. Your tables looked so beautiful and warm. Just perfect for the holidays. I love the new hair cut ;)!

*I can't wait to see the engagement pictures. They are always so much fun and it sounds like Ashley is on the ball ;).

*How funny...I purchased Josh G.'s new cd this past week too. My heart melts when he sings Silent Night ;).

*I can't believe you have never gotten a massage. They are amazing ;)!

I HOPE YOUR WEEK BACK GOES WELL!

Rebecca Jo said...

mmmmm... Olives.... love em! Now you have me craving them.. Its funny how some people - they're worst food is what you love.

All in odd - these things - you're not too much of a weirdo - lol!!!

Meredith said...

Loved finding out more about you! I have to catch up on reading your blog! There's a lot to read! :)